What's new

Strange window problem

Reaction score
Country
Why do weird things have to happen to me lol!

Passenger window!

Goes down but doesnt go up...(no control using driver side controlls) just goes down using passenger side switch but wont go up...fuse in engine bay (only one for the window i can see) is fine...must be fine anyway for it to go down..

Do you reckon there is a problem behind the door cars etc...i cant drive it to work now its gotta stop in the garage as the bloody window is a quarter of the way down :annoyed:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Maybe the switch is knackered mate if the switches are the same try whacking the drivers side one on the passenger side and seeing if it will go back up using that.
Barring that have to take the card off and see if anything is trapped in the mech or if its moved slightly and needs adjusting try the switch first if possible as then it eliminates something else

Reaction score
Country
Yeh cheers Im going to have to take it apart and look when I get chance...after doing a search Im thinking it could be the motor thats gone but I dont know if thats the case seing as the window still goes down :rolleyes:

Bloody Nissans! :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ha ha ha yup bloody cars!!
I always say the same start with the easiest things to eliminate and work through from there! Good luck mate hope its nothing major

Reaction score
Country
Hmm if it is the motor or regulator thats messed up I wonder if S15 and S14's have the same parts? Will be a lot easier to source one from an S14..

Reaction score
Country
Cheers mate!

I dont know what the hell its going to be as it confusses me! The switch works as you can lower the window...but not raise it...weird!

Also no control for the passenger window from driver controls

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
In which case does sounds more like the motor!
Check ebay mate I am sure I saw a pass window motor on there the other day? If that's what it is obviously

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I wouldnt have thought it would be the motor if it works from one switch. I'd try a new regulator firstly then the drivers side switch. It's hard to guess without seeing a wiring diagram.

Reaction score
Country
Ill open the door up when I can and have a look..not sure what I’m going to be able to conclude from looking at it though unless something’s basically in your face broke..which I doubt it is if the window will go down like normal..

Im hoping they share the same regulator as the micra as there’s sh*t loads on ebay...doubtful though!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I've had subaru switches pack up like that, where it will go down but not up. But as you have no control from drivers then it's unlikely to be switch. Also check the wiring going through the door shut as it may have a broke wire etc!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I would try a switch first. The control goes thorough the drivers switch and then through the passenger switch, so if the passenger switch is stuffed then the drivers one won't work either. Have a look at the electrical section in the manual, specifically page EL-116

Reaction score
Country
Yeh but what I dont undertand is the passenger switch still works as it can lower the window it just cant raise it..so thats why im thinking its something else.

Cheers Ill give that manual a read.

Reaction score
Its the passenger side switch,its a common problem. I know of several mates cars having had the same issue. The only solution is another switch.

Reaction score
Country
If it does turn out to be that im gonna have to somehow try and connect the drivers working switch to the passenger side..close the window then leave it without a switch until I can source one...

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Borrow a passenger switch from someone local. Free fault diagnosis!

Reaction score
Country
Cheers mate that would be ace :nod:

Little update though...drivers window stopped working just! Then after a few mins of no action it worked again :confused:

Im thinking its an electrical problem now...

Thoughs?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Gonna have to start tracing wires if that's the case I douBt both switched woul go at the same time,still try the switch first then work through the other suggestions mate