What's new

Sup eerybody

S

Silentalero

Hey guys, found these forums and hopefully I'll be sticking around. I'll start by giving a lil background on myself. My name is Mark Anthony (yes really :rolleyes:) and I'm here in the Chicago area. I'm a custom car builder (mostly car stereo fiberglass) and also a judge for HIN/NCCA. At the same time I'm running my own local car shows, im sure some of you may have heard of it. Red line time attack for anybody who does autocross.

I've got a few cars and toys now but I wanna get back into drifting and what better way than to get a RHD silvia. Right now I have a 2000 olds alero thats being sold (old show car) and a 2007 acura mdx. Also im a bike nut and have a 2006 cbr 600rr.

Right now i'm debating the best route to go to get my s15. Either buy a 240 shell (pre 95 to avoid emissions) and get a clip (RHD) and frankenstein the car together or just buy one overseas and slap a usa 240sx vin on it. What do you guys recommend?

Reaction score
welcome to the club man as for the whole s15 registration thing in the states from what ive seen its a pain in the ass! But in saying that we have a few members from the states with jap silvias and theyre road legal. Mite be worth your while to contact one of them for some more thorough info.

S

Silentalero

thanks man, do you have hteir screen names? I was trying before to get a r33 but the issue is to legally get one it would cost in the range of $60k USD and I'd have to wait over a year to get it

S

Silentalero

60k for a r33 :O:O:O why so expensive ??
oh and welcome along dude :D:D
Because the govmt here in the states loves to rip every penny from us they can for having foreign toys.

Car itself is $5k from japan
then add 15k for the DOT conversion
then another 30k for emissions and EPA
Now add another 10k for misc profit and shipping.

sometimes i hate it here

Reaction score
Because the govmt here in the states loves to rip every penny from us they can for having foreign toys.

Car itself is $5k from japan
then add 15k for the DOT conversion
then another 30k for emissions and EPA
Now add another 10k for misc profit and shipping.

sometimes i hate it here

lol youd love ireland then, very similar :rotfl:

car 9k from japan
shipping and taxes 2-3k
arrival in ireland, bend over and take it in the ass for the wonderful vrt system 8k
tax the car 691 for the year
get rode again for insurance 1k

Reaction score
Country
i had to move from california all the way to japan just to get my s15!... jk!, actually, i got a job offer over here... but being able to get an s15 was the final deciding factor...