What's new

Suspension options?

henrico

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've got a quick question - at the moment I've got some Nismo S-Tune suspension and am wanting the car to sit more flush and have more adjustability. What options have I got as far as road driving is concerned (I don't want it too stiff as I live in Surrey where the roads are atrocious!)?

Cheers!

Reaction score
Country
i will suggest Tein super street, adjustable and not to bad for every day road use, someone with it installed can elaborate more.

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Shotgun your nismo suspension!
I asked the guy at the skyline garage I take my car to about suspension options, and mine being a daily. He said avoid 'pillowball' as it gets rid of the rubber mounts ontop of the struts, so more vibration.

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Well, I'll be avoiding pillowball anyway.

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
As I understand, essentially where the top of the shock is rigid, like:
BMWE361-1.jpg
whereas ones that have rubber look something like:
images.jpgso more comfortable. Doubt you will get as much performance out of the non-rigid one though, but less noise and vibration?

Reaction score
I run tein super streets, they're firm but fine for a daily as I drive on a wide array of road types(single track lanes to motorways!), definitely the best all rounder :)
Also I have run these for 4 years now and apart from a little surface rust they are still perfect!

henrico

Reaction score
I run tein super streets, they're firm but fine for a daily as I drive on a wide array of road types(single track lanes to motorways!), definitely the best all rounder :)
Also I have run these for 4 years now and apart from a little surface rust they are still perfect!
Got any pictures with it on? How low does it go?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
You can't really slam the S15 with Tein Super Streets but for most I think they go just about low enough...

Agree with Haz - I had mine for over 2 years and they always stayed in excellent condition (never seized although I regularly sprayed WD40 on the threads) :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I have superstreets fitted to mine. Admittedly they have been valved slightly differently for Australian roads, but I reckon they are great. Some people don't rate them, but it depends on what you are after. My car is a daily which sees the occasional track and motorkhana, so for me it is a good balance. If you want super low, these are not the coilovers for you.

P

Pheonix

I picked up a set of Tein Super Street's for the front for only $450, and my rear's came with HSD's. The only problem I've had with the teins is my wheels rubbing against the spring, but that's due to my poor offset.

henrico

Reaction score
Well I don't want it slammed but the way it sits on the s-tunes is slightly high at the front. I want to be able to rag it on bumpy roads with confidence but have it looking more tidy, don't do much track work at all..

Anyone got pics on the Teins??

Reaction score
Country
BC cheap an good. You should be able to get their top end er series for price of mid end teins.