What's new

The S15 Rear Arch Thread

Reaction score
Country
Right, after a day of working on the S15 iv'e come to the decision of losing the rear overfenders.

As finding oem rear panels to use the arches is a no go being in the UK, + stock arches offer very little wheel options, what other options are there?

i have seen a few stock body S15's on the internet with extended rear arches but not found out any info on what arches were used.

only picture i have of an example of what i am going for is this pretty poor one.

Reaction score
Country
How come you wanted to buy a 2nd set to use with your overfenders? Encase you want to put it back to standard?

I think they look great mate you should just take the car up to Garage-D and get them to cut and weld yours and fit the overs! :nod:

Reaction score
Country
no dude i'd want to get rid of the overfenders and graft an arch onto my oem rear quarters, similar to the blue one ^^.

i do like the overfenders, but i think it would look a lot cleaner done like the above S15. it's just deciding on what donor arch to use.

Reaction score
Country
well don't forget i don't have any arches to roll under those overfenders lol. they were of course cut out in Japan to allow bigger wheels & the overfenders. i should of stated this.

so grafting in a new arch is what i need to do, an OEM S15 arch is practically unobtainable so matching up a suitable arch from another car is the way to go - just deciding on which arch to use is annoying.

and i do agree the extreme rolled/bigger arches look sexual in comparison to overfenders on S15. especailly with stock aero kit.

i still think that blue one doesnt have stock rear arches though, looks like they overhang far more than the other examples you posted Jay. imagine it without the big side skirts, over a 3rd, maybe half of the wheel would be sticking out of the body. i like

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I like your fenders Dave! I wouldn't change them!

The rounder arches just look odd, there are no round bits on a 15 so for me they just look abit meh!

If you wanted those arches defo go blue ones but abit bigger, the black one for example just looks silly! But blue one looks like custom arches made out of metal!

C west do these styles!

Reaction score
Country
Thanks sam, they need work to be perfect + now iv'e fitted a another boot with the oem spoiler it doesn't quite work as well as a package.

The blue one is perfect IMO, just deciding on what donor arches to use. the daily commute has turned into a hunt for the perfect arch, scanning each car i pass haha.

those C-West arches would be nice smoothed in, but i bet they are big bucks.

Reaction score
Country
Don't think you ever did this, but now in the same position, really like the blue one, what about some e46 arches?

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
I am actually going the opposite direction and have been thinking of fitting wide rear arches, have you got any pictures from the back of your S15? my worry is cutting out my arches, as they are mint with no rust and worried about hacking the back up.

Reaction score
Country
Thought I replied to this, stupid iPhone! I'll try again. - I have the same body kit and wheels as you Jay-pan my rears stick out about 20-25mm stretch tyre means i don't rub (225 on 9.75j +20et) soI also looked at wide arches as I would rather not run stretch! but the only ones easy to get hold of seem to be from epracing, and they look like they take the lines of the rear of the body away quite a bit. Also spoke to arch enemy who said as a rule you can flare the arch out around 15mm which I don't think will be enough. My thought is get e46 front arches welded on and the gaps filled. Which wide arches have you been looking at mate?

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
None in particular mate, just keep coming across images of wide kitted s15's and makes me want to do it to mine. Also don't like how far the alloys on the back stick out from the side and front they look awesome but then from the rear to me looks like there sticking out more than they fill the inside of the arch :/ also same as you not in too stretch look so would like to run a beefy tyre on the back.

My options are...

Wide arches ( finding the right ones)
Roll arches (Like you said wont give enough flare)
Different offset/width rims ( Like the alloys i have)

I do like the ridge wide body kit but getting that seems impossible. Unless paying 2k+

Reaction score
I know this may be a stupid question but has anyone ever got a price from nissan for a near rear 1/4 arch?

Reaction score
To answer my own question, nissan charge £449 per side for a bare metal panel. Ouch. But if you want the oem look (i know you guys dont) then i guess you have no option.