What's new

Thinking about going wide body, but which one?

N

neosilvia

I have been giving thought to putting a widebody kit on my car. The two I am looking at are the Veilside D1GT and the Vertex Ridge. What does everyone think, and are there other options?

Veilside D1GT

Vertex Ridge

N

neosilvia

Think of it as a race car, not a car you will see driving down the street. The only place this car is in motion is on the track, well that and the parking lot behind my building.
That C-West kit looks nice. Veilside is offering me a great deal on the kit with a sponsorship (Veilside logo across the front window). 50% off and 50% off any replacement parts needed. If I go with Veilside, then both my RX-7 and S15 will be Veilside.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Wow - that Rex looks the biz as well :thumbs:

IMHO I think all the 3 kits posted look awesome.

This is of no help to you at all... :D

M

mitch

That's a great deal on the Veilside, shame the kit is the worst looking of the bunch here in my opinion.

I much prefer the Vertex Ridge, closely followed by the C-West.

N

neosilvia

C-west GT would be my choice :)
I hadn't seen the C-West kit yet. Looks really nice. It prices out to around $2,600 retail. I will have to give them a call to see what they can do on price.
Wow - that Rex looks the biz as well :thumbs:

IMHO I think all the 3 kits posted look awesome.

This is of no help to you at all... :D
The RX-7 has the Veilside Fortune kit. Just did a Dyno tune this weekend, put down 386 but my HKS EVC was not working so I had to run on the 10lb wastegate spring which of course meant the wastegate was opening at 10psi boost instead of the 15 or 16 I was looking for. 46mm wastegate with the short HKS manifold on it and I was getting boost creep up to 15psi so I need to replace or repair the EVC, then put a larger wastegate in to get rid of the boost creep. Once this is done, should be pushing 450hp.
I am stuck on the decision with the kits as well, I like them all. Veilside is making it really atractive with their price.

P

pablo

the veilside is not my fav but its not horrible, with the deal they offer take it

P

PhilV

i have loved the Veilside kit for a long time, I want it for myself one day for sure

Reaction score
i would definately advice the vertex kit, have a good look at the veilside kit, it totally ruins the lines of the car itself, it looks smooth and sleek from the top, as it goes down to the bumpers, it completely changes to lumpy chunky lines, the vertex kit keeps the smoothness of the silvia in mind, but then, maybe im biased coz i love the vertex kit, and, if your going for a bodykit, choose one that you love, even if veilside is cheaper or doing a deal, because your gonna have to look at that kit everyday!
anyway, thats my opinion!!! :wave:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its a 10000% improvement on one of the other S15 Veilside kits... :nod:

I would definitely advise against any FRP kit on a road car. You'll regret it... Different kettle of fish for a track car, of course...

B

baynz

yes agree the 1 paddy mack posted up looks stunning, nice and smooth and doesnt spoil any of the natural lines of the car.

P

PhilV

also checked as per other topic, suggests to me its a one off unless maybe phone up and ask, anyone speak German? lol

as for the Veilside, how much is that kit shipped to the UK? how much would something like that cost to fit and spray as well?

hmmm I am also considering going wide u see