What's new

Track rod ends (S15 Spec R ...same as S14 I guess???)

Reaction score
So one has failed the MOT for me.... question is I assume they're the same as the S14 ones so I could just to Nissan... What other options do I have and can you get more steering lock out of aftermarket ones? What should I pay for a pair? :)

Reaction score
No s15 use smaller thread size for ends so you can't use s14. I'm 100 % certain of this, but most Nissan tie rods are interchangeable that why teins are classed s14/s15 as they come with ends aswell. The part that screws into rack is same thread accross models

You can increase lock by adding spacers but not advisable on stock tie rods as there isn't enough thread to safely do it.

The spacers are like washers and allow the spacers to slip inside the rack on full lock giving more lock. You will need to grind down the lockstops also to make the most of it otherwise you gain hardly anything.

Go for tein ones with spacers or japspeed and these gave spacers machined in.

I have japspeed and there great and cheaper than teins.

Teins don't have the Rose jointed anti bumpsteer ends that japspeed have either.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Well corrected, I was thinking of the combined rod and end which as you say are interchangeable between s14 and s15.

Reaction score
So do I get ANY more steering lock without machining the bump stops away by going for Tein or the like?

And just to check on the above - if I replace rod and rod end I can use S14 parts? (Apex for example don't list S15 parts)

Reaction score
not much extra without grinding them down,

When you fit the tie rods watch the lock stops and how far spacers go inside rack when going on full lock.

keep the boot off the steering rack to make this visible whilst you grind down the lock stops as you will see the spacers and how far in the rack they go on full lock.

So just keep grinding them down then stop and check and you will see the spacers move further inside the rack.

I just used a little dremel to do this with a sanding wheel.

Check this video out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP5zzyAmXi0

The link above you put are what I have yes and there nice bits of kit.

Last edited: