What's new

Tuned ecu?

Reaction score
Country
Happy New Year too all S15 club members!!!

So, i was driving the other day in my local track and i realize that my car passed the 180kph limit, i got a little bit farther than 200kph. This means that my ecu came with some goodies from japan, the only thing is that when i opened it, it looked just like a standard one :wack:. My question is, how can i know if my ecu came tuned from japan? the rev limit bounces in about 7200 ~ 7300, so i think is about standard. What do you guys think?

S

S15 SILVIA

Has it got something like a speed limit defencer gizmo like the hks sld?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I think it will go faster than 180km/h read by the speedo as the ECU gets a more accurate (hopefully) and lower reading. 180km/h speedo speed isn't really 180km/h. The speed limiter is probobly activated by the speed the ECU gets.

I don't think you should get much more than 200km/h (speedo speed) before it sets in. Maybe 205 or something depending on what size wheel you've got and stuff :)
So I suspect you were very close to the limiter. It could have been removed though. But in most cases it onvolves a reflash, aftermarket ECU or a small electronic box of some kind like digital speed meter or speed cut defender.

Reaction score
Country
Has it got something like a speed limit defencer gizmo like the hks sld?
nope, everything is standard as i did all the wiring loom myself when installing the engine.

I think it will go faster than 180km/h read by the speedo as the ECU gets a more accurate (hopefully) and lower reading. 180km/h speedo speed isn't really 180km/h. The speed limiter is probobly activated by the speed the ECU gets.

I don't think you should get much more than 200km/h (speedo speed) before it sets in. Maybe 205 or something depending on what size wheel you've got and stuff :)
So I suspect you were very close to the limiter. It could have been removed though. But in most cases it onvolves a reflash, aftermarket ECU or a small electronic box of some kind like digital speed meter or speed cut defender.
hmm that makes sense, maybe it just had a reflash for speed limit, boost cut, etc. or something like that or i didn't hit speed limit at all. Btw, i'm using oem 16 inch wheels.

One other thing that is bugging my mind, in the car i have a HKS blow off valve. When boosting up and changing gear my car won't stall at all, which is a good thing, but i've read somewhere that when you have a bov venting air to the atmosphere the car will stall because is throwing out part of the air that the maf measured. What do you guys think??

_Wing_

Trader
Reaction score
try hitting full boost then letting the BOV off and instead of shifting into the next gear, leave it in neutral and see what happens :)

Reaction score
Country
try hitting full boost then letting the BOV off and instead of shifting into the next gear, leave it in neutral and see what happens :)
Hey, i just tried that last night, but nothing happened, i was in third gear all the way until 6,000 rpm and i just took my foot out of the gas pedal and leaved the car in neutral, the rpm's went down to 1300 rpm, stayed there for a little while then they went back to normal 800 rpm...

One thing i forgot to mention is that right now i'm running only at 7 psi and the screw in the bov is set all the way down, but it still blow a lot of air out of it and you can hear it when shifting gears.

G

GUEST_JDM

my hks ssq never made my car stall mate, still doesnt but i dont have an air flow meter any more