What's new

Turbo flutter

Reaction score
Country
First of all, Hello from British Columbia Canada, first time posting here.

Secondly i searched before posting so i apologize if there was a post previously and i missed it.

So i was wondering if you guys and or girls have used a Greddy RZ bov before and if you ran into turbo flutter from using it. Mine is plumbed to recirculate and im pulling about 12 lbs of boost. Ive done the single spring mod and have the weaker spring installed right now and have fully released the adjustment screw. Still getting flutter.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Country
Delete and go for full flutter :) I'm running no bov on mine and have no problems. But on a serious note maybe make sure that it's plumbed in properly as it may not be registering the correct boost level so when it should dump it won't as it thinks the boost is not high enough

Reaction score
Country
Delete and go for full flutter :) I'm running no bov on mine and have no problems. But on a serious note maybe make sure that it's plumbed in properly as it may not be registering the correct boost level so when it should dump it won't as it thinks the boost is not high enough
Hmm. Im 99% positive its plumbed correctly.

And lol i dont really care for the turbo flutter. I enjoy the normal air release noise more personally lol. To each their own.

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
A little bit of flutter is normal unless you silence the air filter (assuming you don't have standard air box)

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
But the dump valve is also going too, yeah? I'd expect to have both pssshhht at gear change (you have to imagine the sound effects heh) and flutter with a mushroom filter, but if you're only getting flutter then I guess the BOV isn't plumbed in right? But it sounds like it is from your description. I really like the flutter sound tbh I bet id love it :) soz I'm not more helpful buddy!

Reaction score
Country
But the dump valve is also going too, yeah? I'd expect to have both pssshhht at gear change (you have to imagine the sound effects heh) and flutter with a mushroom filter, but if you're only getting flutter then I guess the BOV isn't plumbed in right? But it sounds like it is from your description. I really like the flutter sound tbh I bet id love it :) soz I'm not more helpful buddy!
Haha its all good thanks for trying at least

Reaction score
Country
I'm thinking of removing my BOV but scared incase it ruins the cat, not sure if that's a myth though, hah!