What's new

twin turbo s15

B

baz88

Is it wise to twin turbo my new s15? Is there any need? I know it will use more fuel but how much? The s15 i am getting is a spec R GT no front mount, i was thinking about putting in a front mount intercooler and for some reason twin turbo. What info can you guys give me about this and any advice of what else i could do.

Cheers guys.

Ps- the car is pearl white similar to the one in the banner at the top of the page. bodywise i am thinking black wheels with tinted windows, a front lip on the front bar or a full wide body kit. I just want it to look very clean, sleek and sexy rather than mean and aggressive while having the power of an incredible car.

Any other ideas or pictures you could refer me to?

Oh and sorry, how many kw is the spec r s15 at the wheels with a ball bearing t28 turbo and catback exhaust. And what if i put in a front mount intercooler and twin turbo?
I'm not saying i'm going to do all this but i'm just wondering.

BTW im in australia but it is a jap spec not aus spec.

Thanks alot once again

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
twin turbo would be an excercise in how to waste money, it would cost so much to do and even if you could get it to work the gains probably wouldnt match a good tried and tested setup such as the hks gt-rs or garrett 2871r. stick with whats been tried before mate, being different is expensive and not always a good thing....

Reaction score
it doesn't tend to work that well anyhow....

as a "general" rule, you need 3 cylinders to run a turbo.... hence twin supra's and skyline's not cilica's and s15's.

S

savage-civic

There's always twin charged , ie ad a supercharger in but the set up is also exspensvive but it has been tried and tested .

Reaction score
Subaru tried it with their B4 Liberty(Legacy) and it was a failure.
There was the worst lag between when the first turbo scrolled up to where it met the second turbo.
It works better in six and eight cylinder engines. Just put a GTRS or 2871 on and you willhave ample power. Remember once you start putting bigger power in the S15 you will start to compromise the weak 6 speed box and drive train.