What's new

Tyres

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
That time of the year again, and with no doubts that the cops will be hanging around japfest i don't want to be driving on slicks when i visit.

just wondering if anyone held any suggestions on make/model, last couple of sets have been from the Kumho ECST. Gripped well in the dry and let slip when i wanted to on roundabouts in thee wet. not sure if i should stay with Kumho or change to another supplier like Yokohama or toyo etc.

Don't wanna go too mad with cost <£80 per wheel and i won't be drifting in them just for fast road grip when i feel the need :nod:

anyway thought i would ask because normally i suck at this and just go for the cheapest (or whatever crap kwik-fit), was kind of lucky with the Kumho compared to previous cars / tyres

Thanks

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You get what you pay for with tyres. I run Pirelli P Zero Rosso's because they are good. But cost £160 each at Internet prices..

Jay

Reaction score
if you dont want to spend stupid moneys, try falken 452's, a good midrange tyre.

Reaction score
Country
I agree with Craig and don't skimp out on tyres.

After good reviews on the net about the falken 452 I tried them at the rear and, personally, think there awful.
As soon as there shredded I'm going for another set of AD08's or maybe try the federal rsr.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I use Michelin pilot sport 3's on the front, got them for £25quid each with 6.5mm of tread off Driftworks, And gotta say they are brilliant. I've run continental contact 2/3's, goodyear eagle F1's and they were ok! Michelins are the best I've run so far on the front.
On the rear I wack any old junk, it's makes it more fun! :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I am running 452's on mine and they are good for the money, I had pzero's before and these are better than them. If u can afford to spend more then do I have run pilot sports before and they are the best I have run,conti's would be my 2nd choice they are pretty good too

Reaction score
After running Dunlop Sport Maxx I went to 452's because of the ridiculous cost of the Maxx's. Bang for buck they are not a bad tyre, they get a bit average once they get to the indicators

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
I had Toyo T1R's all round, the were excellent ... I've now got T1 sports on the back and they aren't bad...

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I've used Falken FK452's, not a bad tyre for the price and that includes track time. Toyo T1R's are okay except in damp/greasy conditions when they seem to really be bad. I've got a set of Kumho KU51 on at the moment, not quite as good as the FK452's.

I'll be swapping onto Federal RSR I think as shes struggling for traction now :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Used to run Avon ZZ3 (might be discontinued now) and for the money they were awesome. Brilliant in dry and pretty good in wet.

Tyres are mostly about the hardness/softness of the compound so you'll never get a perfect tyre for both dry and wet... it's either a compromise or something that performs exceptionally well at one end of the extreme.

Currently 452's on the track car but I have a feeling I'll be disappointed with these once I get out on serious trackdays with these :wack: I'll be trying Federal RSR's as my next choice of rubber :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
I've just bought some Nokian Z G2's for my daily after reading some good reviews of them. I've only done 20 miles or so on them so far, but going by what I've read they should be good :)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Depends what you're doing with them.. I wouldn't on my road car for a few reasons, but if you're drifting them, then yes..

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I always use part worns, but only with 5.5mm plus. Otherwise it's false economy.

It is abit hit and miss but there are lots of continentals, goodyears out there second hand for under half price of originals. To spend 600 quid on 4 tyres which will only last 2 years tops (if you drive daily like me) seems crazy to me! But I'm a tight arse so maybe that's why!