What's new

Vrt In Ireland.

D

david

I take ye know after next week s15s and all jap imports the vrt is going up so i take it few fresh imports will be sold which means ours will hold there value well. Corect me if im wrong!!! :rotfl:

G

Ger Keane

Well, the new highest vrt rate is 36% of the open market value and under the old system silvias fell into the 30% bracket so presuming the S15 will be in the new highest bracket its not a major increase. it means on a car worth €15000 you will be paying €900 more vrt.
not a major amount.
all jap imports brought in after 1st of july will remain on the old tax system based on engine size aswell and not emissions thank f**k!
because the S15 would have fallen into the highest bracket of €2000 road tax per year!

sniffy

Reaction score
Country
there was a guy on the radio saying import regeistered after ist july will fall into the new tax system

G

Ger Keane

there was a guy on the radio saying import regeistered after ist july will fall into the new tax system
ya that was the original plan, but they have decided to change it. i contacted the motortax board and they told me any import registered after 1st of july will be subject to the new vrt regulations but road tax will be under the old cc system.
think it was changed because it would have killed the import market

Reaction score
ger your bang on man, info is 100%. Ive been importing cars the last 5 years so made sure i looked into this myself and came up with the same info, hence the reson im keeping my silvia and bringing in a new toy :D

G

Ger Keane

ya im delighted cos i sold my spec s cos im goin travelling for a year but now it means when i come back i can get a spec r in fresh from japan instead of having to get one that was already registered in ireland!
happy days!

G

Ger Keane

off topic man but where are you travelling for the year?
goin headin to canada with a few mates. was originally goin to head to australia but its infested with irish at the moment so we are heading somewhere we are a bit rarer!