What's new

wer 2 start ?!?!?

S

s15silvia51s

hey all, i hav a stock 99 spec s nd want 2 know ur opinion on wer 2 start modifyn was gona get a powerflow exhaust but read in another thread tat it wud only slow it down:( ?? wud b very greatful for some ideas ??

P

pablo

dont put a powerflow exhaust on such a nice car. you cant do these things so cheaply. have a butchers on the member gallery and read the spec lists for some quality modifications that have real figures and specs that show they work

powerflow often results in nasty rusty systems and some of the welders are crap and messy

i lot of people run hks silent hi power

also i dont think many people would buy come resale an s15 with powerflow, longlife etc type brands on it. the reputation of these franchises isnt always that good

S

s15silvia51s

yeah i have heard of a few dodgy stories but ive also heard of some good ones !!!!
were and what price wud i b lukin at for a hks silent hi power ???
when you fit an exhaust system and induction kit, dont you have to do a bit of a tune ??? eg.the airflow !??!

K

kornboy119

hello mate, in terms of price for the HKS exhaust go to Apex Performance, its ?370 which is a good price. You don't need to do any other tuning when fitting an exhaust and induction kit, all these will do if improve the bhp of the car. I think if you did a full exhaust system you would find a difference, that means turbo elbow, front pipe and HKS back box would make a nice increase in bhp

K

kieran

good bolt on mods are exhaust system, air filter, fmic, all go a long way tp helping the car breath alot better id also be looking very early on at putting in a walbro fuel pump s the stock items are very weak, mine was weeak from standard and showed when taking the plugs out lol, after that id be looking at boost controller, injectors, and a decent remap

hth

S

s15silvia51s

i would like 2 do a full exhaust system but every were i look its all turbo manifolds, i hav a spec s, their non turbo, so anyone know were i can get my hands on a full exhaust system for a non turbo ???
is the s14 the same as s15 cat back ???

K

kieran

lol i didnt read the post properly ! failed to notice the spec s! in that case still the breathing mods but cams would be a bit tasty, there is also someone that offers a super charger for that car too! , bbut before any of that id be looking at doing supesion and brakes, the spec s set up is not very strong iirc

S

s15silvia51s

yeah will b looking at getting cams but its a bit down the line, moneys a bit tight at the moment !!!:( im looking at changing the exhaust at the moment to the HKS silent high power exhaust(tats cat back) but would rather change the whole lot from manifold down, the problem is, i cant find anywhere tat does the manifold for a non turbo !!!!!!:(
wat kind of BHP would we be looking at if i fitted a super charger ???

oh and by the way...lovely car kieran, love the wheels !!!!!

Reaction score
Country
Wouldnt it just be far cheaper to drop a SR20DET lump in ?

Tuning N/A costs $$$$ to get any decent gains and a SC unit would probably end up costing far more than a engine conversion imo.

Still the SC would be different and power gains should be similar to a turbo, no reason why you cant run upto 350 BHP with better injectors, fuel pump, FMIC, complete exhaust system etc. Just remember though that some parts may need to be custom fabricated which is where it gets expensive.

S

s15silvia51s

yeah i can see were your coming from bout the engine swap, but it comes down to the insurance, was just curious really !!!
do you know of anywere i could get me hands on an exhaust manifold ???

Reaction score
Country
Umm, ive looked around and cant find anyone selling manifolds for the SR20DE. Greenline lists SR20DE specific parts but no exhausts parts ??

As for insurance i would imagine a SC'd Spec S would be higher than a Spec R.

If you really want more power i think you may be best weighing up the odds and costs, you will probably find it far cheaper to sell your Spec S and get a Spec R than mod your current car to a Spec R level..

J

j@garagemac

SR20DE with some lairy cams and ITBs rock they sound awsome and can make good power :nod: