What's new

Wet Wet Wet

Reaction score
Country
Well Since I am from wales, thats all we see is rain for most of the year :( and recently hasnt it been P*****g down.

Recently bought an S15 and ive noticed theres water coming into the drivers footwell from somewhere but cant find where from :(

I contacted the guy I bought it off and he said its going to be the bonnet which is a chargespeed carbon bonnet with the vented slits along it thats letting the water into the car :confused:

any places on the S15's where water can easily get into the footwell on the drivers side? really need to get it sorted now as its starting to make me go nuts :down:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you have any leaks along the scuttle panel they will track down into the foot wells. Maybe worth removing the plastic trim for a look/clean underneath it.

Reaction score
Country
cheers for the tips guys, ive obviously havent had time to check under the scuttle as its still P*****g down but had a quick check of the door seals and I noticed that when I opened the door there was a puddle of water gathered on the black plastic between the silvia plate and the side skirt, so I investigated the seal under the door and in 3 places its come away from the door so this could be the cause, but I stil think its coming from around the bulkhead as when I first checked it, there was water around the clutch pedal towards the center console and the part by the door was bone dry?? its now driving me nuts lol

M

miller81

check if the circular rubber grommet above the clutch pedal in the bulkhead is still there,if its missing this could be the source of the leak and if that fails to solve it stick your head around the pedals and have a look..you might want to do a few stretches first as you can really damage your back trying this as i found out:D

Reaction score
Country
Haha yeah I had a look around the pedals and my back clicked while trying to get my head in there :D but again was all bone dry up in there, but now its also in the rear drivers side footwell too! where the hell could it be coming from?? cant be running from the front to the back as there is that big channel under the seat that would stop it?? one thing i did notice is when I opened the bonnet and the water run down the bonnet and into the scuttle, the waster only ran out the passenger side? would this have anything to do with it? maybe a blocked drain way? did notice water coming from a large rubber grommet in the drivers front arch where a harness goes through, wasnt much but was dripping?? cheers for the help guys :thumbs:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
check the bottom of your front guards are not filled with leaves.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If it's in the back too it shouldn't be the scuttle panel then. As meddler said, take the inner arch liners off and clean it all out.