What's new

what boost

Reaction score
Car is fitted with walbro, grade 7 plugs, fmic, full stainless system inc manifold/elbow, z32 fuel filter, air filter and optimax. What boost should be safely run on stock s15 ecu. next on the list is horsham ecu upgrade

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Hard to say really as all cars run differently. I ran .9 bar without a map and it was running rich so had no problems.

Jay

Reaction score
i would leave it reasonably stock until ecu upgrade. as craig says, all cars run differently from factory, so to avoid future problems, wait till the car is getting mapped then decide what it feels "comfortable" running at. (personally i woulda waited till mapping before fitting walbro too, but thats just me!).
once mapped then stock tubby could see 1.3 bar of boost safely depending on who you talk to, at which point injectors and afm will be maxxed out anyway....

Reaction score
i would leave it reasonably stock until ecu upgrade. as craig says, all cars run differently from factory, so to avoid future problems, wait till the car is getting mapped then decide what it feels "comfortable" running at. (personally i woulda waited till mapping before fitting walbro too, but thats just me!).
once mapped then stock tubby could see 1.3 bar of boost safely depending on who you talk to, at which point injectors and afm will be maxxed out anyway....
what should stock boost be on an s15.is it same as a uk 14a

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I ran 1bar on mine before I swapped everything over, no problems at all

Reaction score
Country
It's 0.6 on JDM s15's
Up to 0.7 on JDM models. Depends on your car.

Mine ran at 0.7, then as parts wore out it dropped down to 0.5 lol
But definitely no higher than 0.7.

I'm running 0.9 on mine now with FMIC, air filter, manifold, walbro, HKS actuator, & EBC. Runs a little rich, but no problems :)

Last edited:

CMR

Reaction score
Country
Yeah mine runs at 0.7, but that's with a catback exhaust which will always raise the boost slightly.

Havoc

Reaction score
Country
LOL I use to run 1.3 and did so for about a year, as was recommended 'max' boost to me by Horsham developments. Went to countless drift days and never had a single problem tbh, now I'm running 1.2 as running a different setup.

Thats with, walbro, FMIC, iridium cold 7's, blitz intake, with 3" pipes to home! All on the standard s15 spec r learnable ecu, without getting fuel cut or miss fires. :thumbs:

Jay

Reaction score
i suppose the thing to remember here is how much of a risk do you want to take with the reliability of your car? many people will tell you "i ran such and such without problems", and that may well be the case. but just because a car runs well now, the things we do to our cars could shorten the life of the engine. i have prematurely killed several cars in my younger years by shortcuts in tuning. lessons learned the expensive way!

my advice would be this.... if its your intention to upgrade your ecu in the near future, then wait till the mapping before any major boost increase.