What's new

What engine swop have you done into your S15?

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Am posting this just out of curiosity: do many S15 owners do engine-swops? I'm not talking SRs for SRs, I'm wondering have many people on here swopped their SRs for RBs, VQs, etc etc? If so, what reasons have you swopped? :)

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Yeah, I've seen RB26's in them alright, Tein S15 was amazing! :smitten: I'm wondering if anyone on here's done anything like that with theirs.

Anyone seen a V6 in an S15 at all actually?

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
that 2jz coversion is crazy. They had to chop fire wall & move dash back so practically sitting in the back seat. It would give some deadly performance but the weight distribution ( which is what makes the S15 such a great drift car ) would be gone

Reaction score
ive seen a v8 engine in one on one of the us forums ill try find the link. Personally not my thing, it came with the sr20 for a reason braaaaap

J

j@garagemac

was helping mr-stevo from driftworks put a 2jz in his s14a lastnight and they are not nearly as heavy as you think or as long only about 6" longer than a sr. cheap power too:cool: 2x 2jz for ?1000

jp

Reaction score
Website
www.sxoc.com
Country
Wow! Both impressive projects!

@ Slammedmind, yeah, if you have the link that'd be great! :)

@ j, does it not sit very far forward & was there not a lot of bodging to do to get the exhaust to not hit off the brake-master-cylinder etc?

S

silv15

Hi, i live in Peru :), but my family is japaneese, ....peru is a third world country so, getting engines and stuff is kinda hard,...first i swaped a rb20det,(my s15 is a spec S, i was looking for sr20det or rb25det ) but i got all the internals from the rb25det so i strocked it to 2.5L

I have a Stand Alone " Haltech e6x".....HKS FMI....nismo 3" downpipe, 3" catback, OS giken multidisc and chrome ally wheel, nismo LSD. 720cc inyectors, etc etc. ill post some pics.

Btw, i know swapping a rb20det wasnt a smart idea...but its hard 2 get parts and engines here :(, but since its strocked to 2.5...i can say its a rb25det :)
i have 360 hp and 305hp to the wheels.

Reaction score
Great!

Hi Silv15, that was great. Ya any picture to show? By the way, is it easy to swap? do you need to modify those mounting and so on?

S

silv15

Hi, the swap wasnt that hard, i had 2 modify the gear box and engine mounts....and take out the original sr20de "fan" ( i dont know the word in english:eek:) cause i needed all the space posible for the extra 2 cilinders.
Hmm, i also had 2 take off the A/C system...and thats all :).

Ill post some pics of the swap asap!!!.

Yoshi

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
that's some interesting work there. hmmm.... RB25/26DET into the silvia... Now there is a weapon