What's new

What head-unit and front speakers are you all running?

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Okay, so was wondering if some of you could show me what head units their running in their s15 and if there any good? Ideally I'm after a double din...

Doesn't have to be anything too expensive or fancy.. However would like a touch screen with more screen then buttons if possible just to look extra smart.

Would also like advise on speakers...

Due to the extreme cage and door bars etc i don't run door cards or back seats and will only be wanted two front door speakers... And these need to be good qaulity and give loud good crystal clear sound due to how long my car is.

When I say loud I mean LOUD running no interior bar dash... Car wines all the way upto about 20-30mph.. I have two bosch 044 fuel pumps on and making noises constantly.. Also solid subframe and diff bushes so get vibration noise.. And if that wasn't enough the forged rb25 is mega loud..

Now before every says why dont you sound proof it or put in more interior etc... The car wasn't built nor was it intended on being luxury. It's a full on track car built for the track only.. But am I running it in and getting used to it I'm using it on the road. So would like some music

Oh and lastly would like to be able to connect my iphone 5 to it, either through the iPhone 5 charge point or aux or other

Any help would be greatful, and I don't wish to spend thousands.. Nor do I want to fit any amps.. Or extra speakers just two front door car speakers and a head unit :)

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Sony XAV-601BT
Very tidy in the way of buttons, but touch screen too. With buttons you won't get sticky finger marks on your screen!

Speakers I have pretty basic Alpine ones, but I'm not needing alot of speaker noise to overcome the car, so can't recommend anything. Surely they are better than stock though!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
To replace the Japanese Pioneer unit I purchased a Teac double din unit from Ebay ( Japanese manufacture )
6.2 inch, touch screen with cd/dvd/mp3/radio/sd card/usb/bluetooth/5.1 channel
Still running stock speakers but sound is well impressive. Only £150 too !
They also do a 7 inch screen version for £170

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys ill look them up,

This one looked quit good, not sure tho? It's along the lines of what I want, seen it abit cheaper on eBay, as I don't mind buying second hand, but screen wise and everything it's what I want:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...&productId=875559&categoryId=265857&langId=-1

Also saw in a post someone mention JL audio C2 speakers where meant to be the business.

Anyone tried them?

Reaction score
Country
I've got a Pioneer Navi deck installed in my daily, and if I could do it again... I'd buy a Alpine or Kenwood deck. Heck, I actually bought a Alpine Navi double din that I'm planning to install in my S15.

Take a look at the cheaper Kenwood decks. I don't know what the UK equivalent is but the entry models for them is the DDX370 and DDX470.

Reaction score
Country
Mine has a Kenwood 4028BT double din (Touchscreen, iPod/iPhone connectivity, Bluetooth, DVD playback, Aux, USB for audio & video, A2DP Bluetooth Streaming). No complaints, very good sound editability and in depth set up options.

Front speakers are JL Audio TR650 6.5" Components, rears are Kenwood 6"x9".

Reaction score
Country
I personally would go with an Alpine head unit mate, you cant beat them. Yeah the Sony head units have good output, but if you go with an Alpine head unit and matching Alpine speakers you will notice a big difference ;)

I myself originally planned on using Sony, but then several people told me not to do that and to go with Alpine instead and I can safely say they were right, as the fidelity in sound is amazing.

Currently got an Alpine head unit with bluetooth/ipod, 2 front Alpine high output speakers + tweeters, 2 rear 6x9 speakers and an Alpine 750watt subwoofer + 800watt Alpine amp. It sounds awesome and shakes the car lol.

All in all the total cost was £500 which included fitting.

Reaction score
Country
Gotta agree with nissan_s15. I've got an alpine unit and the sound quality is streets ahead of my old kenwood one.

s15ryan

Reaction score
Country
Cheers for the info guys, as it happens all the previous head units I've ever owned are alpine! And I have been very happy with them.. However I couldn't find a nice subtle one for sale at the moment that's mostly screen? The alpine ones I've looked at all have a massive round on off volume switch!

Reaction score
Country
Yeah, in order to get a full 7" screen, you'll have to buy their higher end navi model. 6.1" is not that bad though for their regular screens ;)