What's new

where do you put yours???

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
hi guys, just bought myself some defi's and was wondering where everyone has put their control unit?? i cant imagine ever really needing to use the functions on it so was considering just whacking it in the glove nbox,just interested to see where everyone has put their and if you actually use any of the functions on it?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I dont have any, but would go for the glovebox, or maybe Passenger footwell, against the transmission tunnel

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
against the transmission tunnel or under the drivers footwell usualy where you find turbo timers :) I wouldnt bother fitting a TT if I am honest as they are craptastic!

Reaction score
Country
I put mine in the glove box, along with 3 of the gauges :). Here's a link to the thread with some pics in that I took: http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?7670-Finished-my-Defi-install&highlight=defi

I did consider putting it in the storage box under the arm rest, but it would have meant cutting holes in it and extending wires. I wonder if it would fit in place of the ashtray very easily?

Also, when I had them in my 180sx I had the control unit under the stereo as I had a single din stereo, but I've got a double din in the 15 so it wasn't a viable option.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I have considered puttin a single din unit in as I don't have a stereo atm,and puttin the control box and my turbo timer in there to get em out the way, I never put stuff in the glove box either though so could be just as easy putting it in there I don't know,just have to see when I go to fit it where it will be best place,cheers for the link,I have looked throught that before looks really nice mate!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Have you seen the advance control unit? I love it, especially with the ZD display but the cost is insane. Works out over £500 for the control unit with 3 gauges :(

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah I did see it ,it look really good and they have stopped production of the control unit 2 now so I am guessing soon it will only be advance meters, ii got a bargain in the end,260 for oil temp and boost in 60mm with the control unit all brand new boxed so I was happy with that !couldn't justify that much money on them as so many other bits I need for the car first

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, same here. I really like defi's and it is important to keep an eye on pressures/temps, but they are just too expensive unless you buy used.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I know its still a lot for 2 gauges but my boost gauge died the other day and there was a vent missin when I imported my car where there was obviously a gauge before, I saw the pair for 160 I had to go for it,they are normally that much each! Just gotta find time to wire em in now can't wait!don't wanna be driving too long as you said without keeping an eye on the pressures etc

Reaction score
Country
I was all about the advance gauges but after getting pricing back for both the advance and the original BF from my friend in Japan, I had gone with the original BF gauges. I don't mind stashing the larger control box somewhere to save quite a bit.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I put my Defi Control Unit against the driver side transmission tunnel. It's not just there to plug in the senders for the various gauges you need it to set the warning levels etc as well as using the peak playback facility.

Hence IMHO it should be within arm's reach lol :)

Reaction score
I put my Defi Control Unit against the driver side transmission tunnel. It's not just there to plug in the senders for the various gauges you need it to set the warning levels etc as well as using the peak playback facility.

Hence IMHO it should be within arm's reach lol :)
Agreed. That's where mine is too, and even though it's quite rare that I use the playback function, it's still good to have it at arms length.