What's new

where to relocate the oil filter

Reaction score
Country
why would you relocate your oil filter? what sort of benefit does this give? other than easier access..
cheers :)

Reaction score
Country
because unless you have small hands, they are in a mongrel place to get to, and iI have had them get stuck and theres next to no room for a clamp of any kind to get a good grip

subzero

Reaction score
with the greddy relo kit you can connect the sensors for gauges as well .... oh and so convenient to change the filter .

Reaction score
Mount it the lowest point you can, so that the oil can actually drain out of the lines/oil cooler when you pull the filter to do an oil change. I've mounted mine on the drivers side chassis rail at the front near the tow hook. No chance of it being hit from anything there either as the lowest point of the filter is above the chassis rail.

Reaction score
Country
Mount it the lowest point you can, so that the oil can actually drain out of the lines/oil cooler when you pull the filter to do an oil change. I've mounted mine on the drivers side chassis rail at the front near the tow hook. No chance of it being hit from anything there either as the lowest point of the filter is above the chassis rail.
good point, less mess too

Reaction score
Country
Well I'm gonna crack on with this today, I'll post a picture of where I put it, cheers for the advice peeps.

Reaction score
Country
Dont supose you have got a pik of this have you?

Oh and make sure you secure all the lines! Dont want any fires now :D

Reaction score
Country
Not really sure how to upload a picture off my iPhone so playing around here -

Last edited: