What's new

Which 2-way diff?

Reaction score
Am interested in swapping out the standard lsd for a 2-way but with so many different brands on the market which one is worth buying?

Kaaz are cheapest but are they inferior to cusco, Nismo?

Reaction score
I have Kaaz and love it but cant compare it to others as havent had them.

I have found that you can drive faster with more precision through corners and when you wanna drift you can throw the car around with little worries as it much more predictable.

Reaction score
yer i've heard that kaaz and cusco are noiser than nismo as the nismo have a greater number of clutch plates.

Does anyone know whether a lsd for a s13, 180sx be interchangeable to fit s15?

Reaction score
Yeah if it the r200 casing it will fit as long as you use the output shaft that the diff comes from.

I'm using a s14a LSD with s14a output shafts..

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I've got the Nismo GT pro diff, and it seems very quite to me from what I've been told about other 2 way diffs. Though I can't comment on any others personal..

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
i had a nismo 2 way from a skyline in mine before i swapped it out,and its loved to lock but was quite quiet ,i had a friction modifier in the diff oil though so that would have helped with the noise,have heard good thinks about both the kaaz and cusco

Reaction score
Yeah if it the r200 casing it will fit as long as you use the output shaft that the diff comes from.

I'm using a s14a LSD with s14a output shafts..
How do the s14a output shafts differ to the s15 are they not the same? same with s13? Is the diff unit itself different? splines or so? Thinking of buying a second hand unit, seen one or two nismo gt pro units for sale for s13, 180sx, are my output shafts not compatible? Don't want to go to the hassle of trying to track down matching shafts after finding that mine won't work.

Reaction score
No output shafts are different for pretty much every model. If it fits r200 casing u need the output shafts to go with diff and then it will fit..

Reaction score
Output shafts are what pushes into diff each side.

And 14a diff is viscous aswell and s15 is helical..
But as said output shafts all differ generally anyway