What's new

Yellow headlights

Reaction score
Country
After buying my S15 I've noticed that the headlights have an unappetising yellow tinge to them, I've been told that this may be the plastic getting old and brittle, and replacing them to get perfectly clear lights again may be necessary, my question is; is it possible to clean them up by t cut and polish like I did my old civic lights after heating to get the cover off? Or will I be wasting my time and it clear them up and just get rid of cloudiness and keep the yellow tint?

If the latter, best place and price to get the factory or similar HID headlight units?

Reaction score
Country
It depends which side is tainted. It won't hurt to try a but of polish on them, just be careful not to use a strong cutting one otherwise you will just scratch the lenses.

Reaction score
Country
What do you recommend to use on the outside? Best product to use to try to clear them up without being too harsh? Then I'll have to try the same on the inside and see how they are

Reaction score
Country
A generic polish should be ok I would assume. Like AG Super Resin, maybe the glass polish. I would do a small test patch though just to check, probably on the side of the lens.

If that doesn't leave scratched then go for it.

Reaction score
Country
I wet sanded one of mine with 2000/1500 grit paper, then buffed out the scratches with a rubbing compound, then used a dedicated plastic polish on them.
Watch this vid for some inspiration
[video=youtube;Cy_WF5Iei_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Cy_WF5Iei_I#![/video]