What's new

Yo, from Aus

A

Ayrendal

Hola peoples,

Have held onto my unmodified (heathen?) S15 for coming up on 10 years in November. Australian delivery Spec R; hairdresser yellow (I'm a truck driver :p). Family history in Datty 1000s and 240z's, triple S's, 200Bs, 120Ys... see the pattern? I'm the non-luddite, I guess, lol. Fuel injection and a turbo... how progressive of me!

My husband doesn't understand the "need" for a turbo; he's an Aussie Straight-6 Guy, but I had it before I met him, and he's aware of the natural order - 200, cats, him. Kidding; he comes before the cats. If he feeds the cats.

Utterly stock S15; not even the $2 fuel hose PSI boost. Biggest bug-bear at the moment is mismatched front and rears; same profiles etc; just not brand matched... Chick thing? *Shrug* 2002 plated, reputedly either the last or 2nd last yellow spec R Australian delivery, if the dealer is to be believed; car was sourced from Tasmania to Victoria with a 2 week delay in mid-November 2002, and received with 13km on the clock - but that's salesmen, who wanted me to take the grey in the yard.

Credentials: old CAMS club licence - "retired" due to lack of someone else's car to not have insurance on; motorkhana, OST, time trials, economy runs, historic rally navigation (and "give me a tube of Araldite I'll fix that Weber leak in your BMC engine mid-stage after you've run that thing off the road"-level mechanic.). Yes, I know -- I'm a hack, and horrible. :) But we won :p

When I sober up, will find a meaningful thread to throw pix of my bub at. Can't guarantee I'll be around a lot; work wombles me across the countryside, and my attention span is approximate to that of a gnat. Hence the turbo, I guess :)

Cheers.

A

Altecians

Hey!

Welcome to the forum! Put some pictures up of your s15, so essentially one owner from new (13km)? Very impressive!
Quite alot of motorsport history there, do you still track ?

Again, Welcome!

Paul.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Welcome. I am sure that there weren't too many yellow GT's so the dealer could have been right. Don't forget to get up some pics. It doesn't matter that your car is stock, at least you have one :) Looks like you have had some Datto's in your day. lol.