What's new

Sr rebuild

Reaction score
So guys, I've decided to go a different direction with my Sr build. Ive bought 258 cams and I'm thinking about buying forged nitto pistons. My whole rebuild is gonna cost me around 4k for a freshen up and forged pistons and rods, head gaskets and valve springs. Otherwise I can pay $1,300 for just a freshen up and no pistons and standard head gasket to valve springs. Opinions? Do I really need forged pistons? I've heard sr's can make around 400 with stock pistons and rods. Is it worthwhile in the long run?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I know quite a few running 450hp on stock sr reliably.
Really down to the specific engine though and how it’s been treated through its life .
Depends what you want from the car ? If you do the forged set up now then you have the headroom in the future when you get bored of the power .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Few years back I ran 440ish on a standard engine with Poncams. It was okay for a while, but to be honest the only thing that made it lose power was the exhaust valves leaking. At that power I’d be more worried about the gearbox depending on how hard you drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The more better parts you put in, the longer it usually last. If you got the money for it, then I would go for it. At 350ish of hp, I would start beefing up a bit the engine, that I know that I can go hard with the engine without any worries. With gearboxes and clutches I would say, break it before replace it. If it can put the power down, why don't use it till it breaks. It won't cost more to replace it rather than breaking something in the engine :p