What's new

Another 2jz swap project

Reaction score
Hi, got spec-s, never drove it... straight on the table for an operation ;) haha

Atm, i'm trying to make as many OE electrics to work with the swap and bmw gearbox

Reaction score
I've seen more and more people using these BMW boxes, I guess cost and availability are better than CDs. Do you know what diff/final drive will work with the gear ratios? I also have a 2jz gathering dust while I get parts together for it. Keen to see how yours turns out!

Reaction score
I've seen more and more people using these BMW boxes, I guess cost and availability are better than CDs. Do you know what diff/final drive will work with the gear ratios? I also have a 2jz gathering dust while I get parts together for it. Keen to see how yours turns out!
Yeah exactly mate, these days there's absolutely zero reasons to go with CD009.... (Btw, I have one in my 350z...)
Feel of OEM CD is not 'great' (subjective), but those are nearly 20yrs old stuff, 3rd gear like to break even on stock power 350z, if you clutch kick at bad time... guess how I know... ;)
Cost, mental, availability terrible and worse every day.
6 speed BMW, I found one for ~£300, and apparently is stronger than CD, and I hope it feels as nice as my daily bimmer.
Gearing and diff ratio (atm, I've stock MT S15 diff) so don't know yet mate. I'll work on that and see what make sense when I have the car running.