What's new

Hello from Canada!!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@s15_monalisa
Hello everyone! I am an 18-year-old being a first-time owner of an imported Nissan Silvia S15 (In Vancouver)!! But not being able to drive the car is being a big headache for me. :/
This is my very first imported car from Japan with me being the second owner of the car! (It is a 1999 Nissan Silvia S15).
If you guys could help a fellow S15 owner obtaining the following parts and they need to be Dot approved or other as per the attachment for use in North America. BC Canada.
2 headlight assemblies (Must say one of the following within the glass: CMVSS, DOT, SAE, ECE Code)
2 rear tail light assemblies (Must say one of the following within the glass: CMVSS, DOT, SAE, ECE Code)
2 side markers light assemblies (Must say one of the following within the glass: CMVSS, DOT, SAE, ECE Code)
Left and right rear quarter windows (Must say one of the following within glass: AS-1, AS-10 or AS-14)

Also, this isn't an inspection concern but more for myself: The left mirror folding feature runs all the time, I have the option of turning the motor off for now but I personally would like the FULL experience of the S15 with the mirrors closing as I turn off my car. So! does anyone know If I need a whole new motor? or replace the mirror entirely? The colour of my car is white.

Thanks for the help please let me know if you are able to help me get the parts or find any websites that might have it!
(Been trying lots, going from eBay, partsfornissan.com, enjukuracing.com, etc...)

I will attach photos of my vehicle and if you are confused about what I mean about meeting the "North American Safety Standards" for inspection I will also attach photos of what the codes labels would look like upon a common car here in BC.

And yes, I could possibly go get my car inspected elsewhere easily pass, completely ignore and forget about the safety codes needed to pass inspection but If I were to come across a crash of some sort and my insurance company found that I wasn't using approved tail/headlights... Now what? The same goes for a police officer who might know a little more about cars stopping me for not having the labels needed resulting in getting another inspection... Buying the approved lights... not being able to drive the car... having the person who inspected my car have his licence taken away from inspecting any other vehicle... Etc.. (And of course the chances for this are 1/1000000... but better safe than sorry!!)