What's new

Meet: Adelaide Members?

S

SX2002

Are there any Adelaide members that would like to meet...I'm probably older than all you guys but have been a car nut all my life...I'm a member of the Sporting Car Club Of South Australia and officiate at motor sport events and do a lot of the Club's photography.
Bought my S15 new in 2002, one of the last...done 39,000ks, still like new.
I'm a retired Mechanical Engineer (retired early due to some pretty bad spinal injuries)
Cheers,
Ron.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I think you may actually be the first one from SA. It would be good if I were wrong though.

Also it doesn't matter how old you are, it's how much fun you have!!! I take it you have done a few trackdays in the car?

S

SX2002

I've done several laps of Mallala Motor Sport Park here in SA, one of our members (SCCSA) owns it, Clem Smith. We had our Club Xmas picnic there a couple of years ago and we all got to have a raz around the track. Not really a track day I suppose but it was fun. Also had a few runs up our Collingrove Hill Climb Track (Owned by the Club) I usually do the timing, photography and other duties there. My spinal injuries prevent me from being too daring unfortunately...
One great day I had was driving Craig Lowndes old Formula Ford at Mallala...before my spine got so bad though...those things really fly!

Last edited:

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
very cool.....

Come on SA guys.... where are you?

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Sydney's inner west.

Reaction score
yeah Ron age doesn't matter mate, but like you I was feeling like a old fart on here being 36. That's the good thing about the site, the yahoo wanna be wankers that other forums attract don't bother getting on here because they get expossed pretty quick. Good to have you on board mate.

I

illest200

hey guys, im from Adelaide too!
looking for anyone else from around here too come cruising. sick of following the comodores and other models in cruise runs!

Reaction score
Country
Another Adelaide person here! always keen to come cruise and meet more s15 owners!