What's new

Blew intercooler piping, now I'm only getting wg pressure

Reaction score
I had my car tuned the other week which went without a hitch. 391hp @ 1.25 bar. However, when I came home and went for a highway pull one of the silicon couplers on the intercooler piping let go. I didn't have my boost gauge hooked up so I don't know what boost I was running when it popped. I reattached the piping, looked over if there was anything more, didn't find anything weird and went out again. Now I'm only getting 0.9-1 bar which is wastegate pressure.

I've checked all the couplers on the intake piping, checked and rechecked all the vacuum hoses for tares/splits without finding anything.

I did go for a drift event the other weekend with only wastegate pressure and found that there is an oil leak coming somewhere around the dipstick area so either from the stick tube or from the oil feed outlet on the block. I have however attempted to remove the dipstick tube without any luck so I would assume that it is in fact snug in the block and don't leak. The amount of oil that leaks is not a lot but enough to cause quite some dripping after a few laps.

I've ordered a endoscope to be able to inspect the area around the dipstick without having to remove anything. I have also verified that the boost solenoid is working as intended by triggering it manually from the ECU (Link).

I also had a look at the PCV valve and verified that it does only flow one way.

Does anyone have and tip/idea about the boost issue? I feel to some degree that the boost and oil leak might be related but I also didn't push the car since I installed the new turbo (2871r) using braided lines, so it might be possible that the copper washers are leaking on high oil pressure.

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
If your wastegate is closing fine by itself, then you've probably got something else wrong with regulating - maybe the sensor that is used to check the boost pressure is giving incorrect data back to the ECU.

Also are you sure you don't have any leaks anywhere?