What's new

Car Alarm SOS

Reaction score
Just bought a spec R and had a car alarm installed on it, guy said that there was a short that happened a long time ago where the door switch is for the room light.

Fast forward a couple of days the alarm has been going off randomly indicating that a door has been opened when it is not.

i re-soldered all the wiring to the door sensor and heat shrinked it all, only problem is the connector to the switch is unsightly. I did a continuity test on the switch and it all checks good.

wonderjng if I need to strip the harness more to see if the short had gone down farther or if this is a problem for the guy who did my alarm because he said it was installed correctly.

I did find that there was a 10amp fuse where the room light fuse is supposed to be and according to the fuse diagram on this website it’s supposed to be a 15amp fuse. The 10amp still powers the room lights and stuff, I’m just wondering since it’s the wrong amp if it’s causing my alarm to go off. Any insight?

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Have you tried to disassemble the door switch (it's just a contact basically), it might have corrosion on it that's preventing a good connection at all times.

Might be worth checking as you said but the fuse amperage shouldn't cause the problem you're having.

You might have to lock the car with just the key until you resolve this

Reaction score
The door switch is good I checked the continuity. It’s somewhere in my harness that’s fried. I just ended up wiring the alarm system directly to the door switch’s since I don’t have a room lamp anyways for the switch’s to detect. All is good now. Thanks tho!
Have you tried to disassemble the door switch (it's just a contact basically), it might have corrosion on it that's preventing a good connection at all times.

Might be worth checking as you said but the fuse amperage shouldn't cause the problem you're having.

You might have to lock the car with just the key until you resolve this