What's new

Driver side + passenger side power door lock issue

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Facing an issue with the power door lock as the driver side button does not do anything. I can manually lock/unlock the doors and I also notice a click in what I think is the power door relay near the pedals whenever I press the switch. What's even more weird is that the car came with OEM keyless entry and its able to unlock/lock the drivers door only. I wanted to hear some opinions before I order parts since shipping to Canada is pretty expensive.

Thanks!

subzero

Reaction score
did you sort this ?
My passenger door lock likes to do nothing as well. i can manually open it by hand but rarely likes to open /close on the key fob & when manually opening the drivers door.
sort of like what your experiencing.

Reaction score
I went through the manual to diagnose what could be wrong but i didnt really find much. I might just have to take it in to a shop for them to diagnose. At first I thought it might be the power lock relay but after giving it some thought, it wouldn't be it since I can use my key fob to unlock the drivers side.

Hopefully someone knows a little bit more about the power lock system.

Reaction score
Sorry for such a late response. It's the darn instrument cluster. For some reason, Nissan decided that the door sensing logic should be there instead of some other module. I found out when I swapped in a Haltech Ic7. Now my driver side door unlocks with the Fob, but the switch in the door is useless and the passenger side is no longer working. I'm looking for an old instrument cluster I can take apart and wire inbehind the dash.