What's new

Open Event: DWYB Wed 24th March

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
im glad im not drifting! my alignment is way out after fitting coilovers, wating for some arms also. so i will be spectating! Any of you guys passig cov?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yes mate I'll be - will be passing Cov around 8.00am to try and get to Pod for 9.00am. Traffic's gonna suck!! :(

If you wanna lift there and back I'll drop you PM now with my number - call/text me to arrange a lift etc ;)

Nice1 - J

Reaction score
Country
Going to get my alignment done before pod, not sure what settings to get dialed in. What ones do you guys use? Ive seen the whiteline settings in the FAQ area but are those going to be good for drifting do you think? Im running standard 16s aswell, easy skids! :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
A few swear by Whiteline recommendations but IMO, I just go for what works. There's no hard and fast set rule for alignment... yes there are 'parameters' which work best but my current settings has no problems drifting/tracking or being used as daily. It holds the bumpy roads and offers decent amounts of grip in the dry and certainly not unpredictable in the wet :)

My settings (same on both sides of the car):

Front camber -2.5 deg
Front caster -6 deg
Front toe 0 deg (neutral)

Rear camber -2.5 deg

Soz can't remember my settings for rear toe but I'm pretty sure it's neutral as well (zero deg). I don't think you can adjust rear caster!! I'm planning on putting slightly more camber on the rears when I get adjustable arms - gonna set both front/rear cambers to -3 deg.

J

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
man you must go through tyres. I think my camber is set at -1.75 on the front and -1.5 on the back. and I am getting heaps of camber wear. Grip is good though.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
BTH mate I'm not getting it too bad either front or back *confused*?!

Basically I like my sideways rain or shine so on average I'm going though a rear set every 3/4k miles. But when I get them changed over I have a good check on the treads and there's never any significant inside wear!! And grip levels are still pretty good in the wet so I'm not sure why it's 'better than what others say about more camber' it works on my car so I'm happy to keep it setup this way :)

Reaction score
Country
Cheers for the info James :thumbs:

Got my camber arms and sub frame locking collars installed this morning, took a couple hours but wasnt hard. Used a bottle jack to lift the rear part of the subframe to slip the top collars in as couldnt get enough leverage even with a pry bar. What a difference they make though :cool: rear end actually feels connected to the front haha :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ah you're gonna have to show me how it's done dude!! Been stratching me head even tho everyone says it's piss easy... well sort of lol :D

Can't wait for Wed!!! :cool:

Reaction score
good luck guys, hope everyone enjoys! gutted i won't be there as just spent 1700 on suspension :) so shoul dbe pretty good when it's finished.

show me some vids and plenty of pics!

get your asses on the edc track!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol cheers dude!! Shame you can't make it :( but I suppose some new blingy suspension is not a bad consolation :D

Yeah deffo be out on EDC track and I have two keyfob sized cams which one I can mount on front wing/mirror and the other inside showing my hands on the steering wheel. Gonna put the two side by side in vid editor afters and make it look like a Best Motoring job hehe :cool:

Reaction score
I'm still up for coming along to this as a spectator, is anyone going up the m40 or A34 to convoy? i'd be joining the m40 at either junction 7 or 8, or A34 from oxford.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I really wanted to go to this but can't get the time off work, otherwise I would have mate :(

Reaction score
Country
See you guys down there in the morning, ill prob be there before 9. Shame your not coming Richy!

Ive had a boost leak raise its head over the last couple of days and i cant seem to find it. Engine wise car is standard other than a turbo back exhaust. Only getting .4/.5bar when a couple of days ago it was running .8bar :down: lame

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Check your vacuum pipes for splits and leaks too. If its one of them its the worlds cheapest fix :)