What's new

my spec r bought sept 13

Reaction score
Country
he guys thought it was about time i showed off my car a little bit. bought it last september after finally deciding to put some serious money up formy dream car at the age of 22. up until this mycar history had been a bit risky ha. (saxo vtr, astra sri, rx8) <br><br>searched for a while spoke to torque gt at one point and then came across this bad boy in the uk and after a couple of chats with the guy selling it (and the factor he offered me £3k for my rx8) i picked it up and swapped keys. side note win for me dropped off the rx8 the day its mot and tax run out. the engine was spotless and untouched and the exterior had been modded to a point i was happy with so knew i want mess around with the looks too much. <br>After the initial money i just enjoyed the car for a while whilst i saved up a little to get engaged and holiday. then around july started to look for small tweaks. <br><br>first things first were strut braces for the front rad hoses as on of mine had split and a couple of vacuum hoses as some of mie were looking a bit weak. and some dmax leds for therear<br>as soon as i got the bonet up i think seems as its open why not put on a fmic and send my front bumper and boot off for a respray as journeys from northampton to newcastle every weekend had taken there toll in stone chips.<br><br>managed to source a greddy intercooler of a guy in york who bought it for a project but never went further for a bargin price and after fighting with the pipework for a day managed to get it in snug and tight. and then after deciding on a smaller yet same powered battery instead of a boot relocation managed to get it perfectly snug. think someone thought about it before as when i removed the battery the tray had already been masacred <br>got the bumper and boot back with a ridiculously good match from my buddy adam at kas racepaint i was ready to take her out. the fmic made a huge difference to the delivery of power and had 3 weeks of fun!!!disaster struck.<br><br>long story short was flying when all of a sudden a pop crack and **** loads of smoke happened.....<br><br>pulled in to the nearest lay by turned off the engine opened the bonnet and was greated by oil everywhere and the exhaust manifold alight ha!!!<br><br>managed to put out thw fire and get it towed back home to see the damage.<br><br>knew what it was but made sure i checked everyother possibility before admiting defeat. <br><br>a vaccuum hose had popeed off the boost controleer pressure spiked blew a piston ring and the crank pressure sent the dipstick flying.no compression on cylinder 3 confirmed i so there its sat for 3 months. until now.......<br><br><br>

Reaction score
Country
update time parts have started coming for the engine build pistons and new head gasket arrived today

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
That's really unlucky! Such a simple hose could cause this is madness. Sorry to hear that but always an excuse to build a high spec engine.

How is the build coming along?

Reaction score
Country
It's finally off the drive haha it's beeing stripped as we speak all the machining is booked in for next week rebore etc also have the head skimmed polished valves etc all done try to increase air flow round the head luckily near me Northampton automotive services are ridiculously good. Would recommend Simon to anyone he build his own rally cars for fun and has never had an issue with any work I've heard some one use him he's the go to guy any garage around has said. Just waiting on the last few parts really. Getting the mapping and fuel management system in will be the pain my seller pulled out so on the look for a power fc

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Don't bother with a power fc! Just get a Nistune board fitted, and mapped by Horsham developments or another reputable mapper.

Do do you not have a boost gauge? What boost had you set it to with the FMIC?

Have you you had the engine apart yet? Got any pics? Bad luck as always it's these little things that happen that destroy the engines!

Reaction score
Country
It was only running .7 when it came off and weren't giving it the full beans have a feeling it wasn't on properly engines being fully stripped on Monday sadly no pics at the minute mobiles been cut off and locked life's snow balling haha. You running the mixture? How you got on with it?

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
What did your boost gauge say? My defi boost gauge has an over boost warning. Worth investing in one, Defo save an engine.

Mixture? You mean the nistune ecu, yeah been running similar for 3 years! Every day! Been awesome! You can get it retuned whenever you need, and lots of peope tune them!

Just make sure you get all matching upgrades when tuning, FMiC, uprated fuel pump, colder spark plugs (ngk bcpr7es gapped to .7), air filter, 3" turbo back exhaust.

Reaction score
Country
It literally was a split second thing as soon as it kicked I thought....crap! Ha. Will definitely look in to the gauge and ecu got a walboro going in already got a grddy fmic and hks exhaust system new 740cc nismo injectors spitfire coil packs and waiting on the last few bits to come through....like waiting for Christmas but I know what's on its way ha. Praying to have it back by 2nd week in feb but then it's not and mapping time

Reaction score
Country
hey guys quick update all the pistons have been machined the block bored out and the heads had alot of work done to it and the cranks been done its all cleaned up got everything back today and the guys at northampton automotive have been stella cant recommend simon high enough he even knocked off 20% so with vat was still under £1k for all hes done plus a full custom gasket and rebuild kit

Reaction score
Country
time for an update i think. got all the bits back to the garage and started putting it all back together [/URL[URL=http://s1379.photobucket.com/user/alexanderbulger/media/IMG_0556_zps6dwrosix.jpg.html]
Only hiccup we had is the oil squirter bolts at the bottm of the engine had seized and took a bit of a clean and soak to free up the springs in them damnthing started sweet as first time as well. straight through an mot and now run in. its back on thursday for an avcr going in and apexi power fc. still cant find a z32 maf in decent nic then after all thats done its time for mapping.

had to do insurance this week as well managed to get all mods included for £606 so not bad for running this in comparison to the 307