What's new

Pic Request = Black S15 Aero Please

S

Steven-T

Anyone got any pic as im trying too get one even tho its like trying too find rocking horse S**t lol

Thanks

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Anyone got any pic as im trying too get one even tho its like trying too find rocking horse S**t lol

Thanks

^^ I thought you just wanted some pics??!

Probably wouldnt be good for you as its in Ireland too. Price wise, you get what you pay for with these ;)

S

Steven-T

^^ I thought you just wanted some pics??!

Probably wouldnt be good for you as its in Ireland too. Price wise, you get what you pay for with these ;)
Yer pic but if there any 4 sale i would be interested atm iv got around 9k just gotta keep looking

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah cool. TBH, black ones are pretty rare, especially with the full aero kit. I think thats the only one on the forum as far as I know.

Probably will be best to keep an eye out on here and PH, but you may end up having to get one sourced in Japan.

S

Steven-T

Yer i was thinking that any idea how much shipping is and getting it reg ect...?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Not sure mate, theres lots of people who have done it who will have a better idea than me. It'd be cheaper to get one thats more than 10 years old so you dont have to SVA it. Just get it over here, MOT it, then register it and your good to go.

Import companies will do all this for you but they obviously add a bit onto the cost. Torque GT, Prodrift and Newera are good ones to go for from what I've read.

Reaction score
Country
I picked mine up on Thursday, bought through Japanese Used Cars. Rees is very helpful translating the auction sheets and stuff. They have got a section on Driftworks

Shipping was $680ish USD, and there was an £85 terminal charge, so total was £530ish depending on exchange rate :)
I don't know how much this would vary by port, this was the price I paid to Bristol.

Edit: I also used Kleerfreight to clear it through customs, and they charged £75 to clear a car.

Last edited:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Thats not bad at all! i thought it was going to be more like twice that! I'd like to import an old MX5 or something, just to have a go and say I've done it!

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
So landed on mainland UK for roughly £600 plus Japanese Purchase price! Christ thats nothing, now to rob a trailer and convince my dad that he wants to drive to Bristol to collect my next car :wack:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Lol. You've got to add import duty (10% of car price and freight) and VAT (17.5% on car price, freight and import duty). Don't know what's involved with getting it road legal nowadays as the rules have changed quite a bit since my old S15 was imported to the UK from japan and then on to Sweden.

Back in the days getting a S15 road legal in the UK was over £1000. But I think that has changed drastically as the early S15s now are older than 10 years old, but I'm not sure what needs to be done with the new rules.

S

Steven-T

If i was 2 pay 10k on a s15 in japan any idea's how much it would be be get it over here all reg etc...

Reaction score
Country
Lol. You've got to add import duty (10% of car price and freight) and VAT (17.5% on car price, freight and import duty). Don't know what's involved with getting it road legal nowadays as the rules have changed quite a bit since my old S15 was imported

Yep, that's what I had to pay, but just managed to get it in time to only pay 15% VAT.

I got a 1999 model, so I've only got to MOT before I can get it registered.

Also, my shipping was Roll on Roll off (RoRo). Containerised shipping is loads more.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Yakozan, from what I've been told getting the car that far in Ireland is much more expensive and as an Irish resident I should be excempt from / able to claim back the duties / taxes??? Suppose I'd be at square one again though once I got it on a boat and over here though :(