What's new

rear brake change

Reaction score
Hi all im having an issue not sure how to solve. I was replacing my rear brake pads on my s15, i compresses the piston with the tool, put the new pads in and bolted everything up and now the rear discs and everything feels locked in a way and the handbrake has gone very very loose. I put the old pads in to see if it fixes it and it did but handbrake is still very loose and doesnt work at all. All help is appreciated

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Did you line up the rear pad nipple with the cross shape of the piston?

The issue with the handbrake might be unrelated, ask someone to pull and release the handbrake while you check the cable going to the back of the caliper to make sure its still connected correctly on both sides

Reaction score
Did you line up the rear pad nipple with the cross shape of the piston?

The issue with the handbrake might be unrelated, ask someone to pull and release the handbrake while you check the cable going to the back of the caliper to make sure its still connected correctly on both sides
i did line up the pads to the piston, and the cables werent touched while changing the pads but theyre definitely on correctly which is why im very confused on why the handbrake is so light

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
I do recommend having someone to help you raise and lower the handbrake while you inspect, it should have only got tighter.

The other thing is,have you started the engine and pumped the brake pedal after doing the job? If there is too much travel between the piston and the pads as it's been wound back in, then the handbrake will be ineffective