What's new

Sunroof issues

Reaction score
I need help with trouble shooting sunroof issues. It doesnt leak . And ive read what i could find online but no straight forwsrd answers . How do i fix the issue of it not working. Theres no dedicated fuse for it. There might be a curcit breaker for it located in door panel, at least from what i read..
When i first bought it , i tried pushing the button to close open it, and for a split second i heard and saw it move like a second but sounded like it died. Ive tried to look inside best i could with mirror and see if it had blockage.. i would love for it to be opperational again

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Have you tried looking at the workshop manual? We've got it in our downloads section which you should be able to find at the top of the page.

I haven't had a sunroof in mine so unfortunately I don't have much knowledge of it, but I'm sure the workshop manual has everything you need

Reaction score
Do you still have this issue?

Finding the Problem:

Motor issue?:

Unplug the Battery first!

Go and find the motor that opens the sunroof. After that unplug the wires of the motor.
ALSO, remove the connection from the motor shaft to the sunroof so that you don’t break anything. I don’t know what motor exactly it is but if their is two wires going to the motor it is a DC one, so get from somewhere 24 V DC electricity. (Either from a battery or from a power supply. BECAREFUL WHILE WORKING ON ELECTRICITY)
If the Motor spins, you know that the motor isn’t the issue. Than it must be connect
If it is: either replace the motor or if you can’t find an replacement part, their are service shop that can replace the coil of the motor.

Locating connection issue:

What you need: Digital Multimeter

How to use it: Their is to ways two locate the problem, Volt or Ohm measurement.
With Volt you need electricity to work. Lets assume that the motor works with 24V, so you want to get +/- 24 on your Device.
With Ohm you MUST work without electricity. When using Ohm funktion, while their is current running through the cables, YOU WILL DAMAGE THE MULTIMETER. With Ohm you want to see 0 Ohm up to under 1 Ohm about or else the wire is fault.
The easiest way is to use Volt first.
BECAREFUL WHILE THEIR IS ELECTRICITY
The two wire of the multimeter must be connected to two cable that feeds electricity to the motor. Each cable for one of the wires of the multimeter. BECAREFUL THAT THE SIDE OF THE COPPER OF EACH WIRE DO NOT TOUCH THE OTHER SIDE.
2. When done, you are ready to start the car and select the button for the sunroof. While of you see that their is 0 Volt, while it is on you need to see about 24 Volts.
IF you see 0 Volts it is definitely wire issues.
3. Turn the car off.
4. Use Ohm Funktion, with Ohm you can see if the wire is connected to their destination.
5. Unplug the battery
6. Open up the switch / button of the sunroof, their is two wires connected to it. One goes from the battery to it and the other goes to either directly to the motor or to a relay.
7. Locate the wire destination and connect the two wires of the multimeter to the wire where it comes from to the destination.
8. Turn the device on and see what number you get. Everything from under 1 to 0 is good. If you see a cable above it then replace the wire or see if the connection from the wire to the destination isn’t damaged.
If their is a relay do it to each wire of it.
If you can’t find anything unnominal, replace the relay and test if it works now.

Written on IPad so sorry if I didn’t explain it very well, I hope you can find your problem.

with kind of regards

YOUR WANNA BE ELECTRICITY GUY =)

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Just to add if you’re checking voltages you should see around 12v, not 24v

The sun roof mechanism from mine is laying under my bed so if you want to see anything let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I really appreciate everyone's comments. I have download the wiring specs manual from here, which has given me a better understanding on where to look.
And "Drifter", I would appreciate seeing what ever you can show me

Reaction score
Just to add if you’re checking voltages you should see around 12v, not 24v

The sun roof mechanism from mine is laying under my bed so if you want to see anything let me know

Thank you for correcting me.
Going to rewrite it, when I have time.

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I really appreciate everyone's comments. I have download the wiring specs manual from here, which has given me a better understanding on where to look.
And "Drifter", I would appreciate seeing what ever you can show me
Hopefully these might help

Reaction score
Hopefully these might help

Looks intressting.
Do you have the electric circuit diagram or do you know where I can find it?
The gray/white and the black wire is confusing me, do you know the purpose of that? Looks like for me it is a threephase motor but it doesn't make any sense.