What's new

Tapping into central locking

Reaction score
It seems like a simple job but ive been at this for weeks and I cant finish the install of my compustar alarm system (grounded triggers) without this last wire.
My S15 has the remote key with the lock/unlock buttons btw.

The interior switch on the drivers door unlocks both but only locks the passenger side (at first i thought something was broken so i replaced the door lock relay but then found out that it operates as it should as it was designed. Stupid in my opinion...)

So ive probed every wire related to the central locking as per the FSM: Interior switch, Relay, Actuator, Lock sensor & Instrument cluster
All wires that switch to ground or 12v when locking still only operate the passenger door so no good!

I tried tying the passenger lock to the drivers lock so the interior switch would operate both doors (that would be ideal anyway) but that blew a fuse somehow..

So since the lock button on the key is the only electronic way to lock both doors i went searching for the module that picks that signal up. Plastic box near drivers right foot. Again, found wires for interior switch and also one or two that looked promising according to the multimeter. Tried them, blew fuses 🤬

Frustrated, confused and really could use some expertise if someone did this before

Attachments

Reaction score
Having the same problem with mine! very close to just putting a actuator on the driver door, but curious as to if you ever figured this out? Would be ideal to not screw one of those things behind the door card

Reaction score
Hey I'm only seeing this now 😅I
Still haven't figured it out. I'm stuck using both car and alarm keys everytime I lock it