Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I use one set of wheels all year round

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No - My stocks rims are my winter wheels

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
P

Pazz

Not exactly the right time of the year to be asking this question I know, but....

I am in the process of saving for a set of Enkei RPF01's for the S15. This summer I have a holiday planned and numerous other expenses which have ruled out getting them now.

However for the mean time I have managed to pick up a very cheap set of 17" Bronze Rota Force's with healthy Goodyear Eagle F1's. These can be sold or kept as a set of winter wheels for when the salt hits the road.

I'm interested to know what’s everyone’s opinion on Winter Wheels? Are they worth it? They seem a good idea, or are they just not practical?

Last edited:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Ummm. I wouldn't dare to drive the S15 in the winter. Snow and ice is one thing, but the salt really eats away on the cars during winter. So I choose to put the Silvia aside :)

Reaction score
Country
Ill use the S15 in the winter when i really have to..but i will make sure i wash/rinse my wheels EVERYTIME i use it and salt is on the roads and give it a good hose underneath the chassis and under all the arches at least once a week to remove salt deposits.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I'm more into wanting to keep a second set for track use etc.

However, I reckon if you want to attend the odd track events during the summer, then use the Rota's as winter wheels with the F1's - then in summer, swap them for semi-slicks which you only put on at the track to save tread etc.