What's new

Airbag light INOP

Reaction score
Hey guys I’ve got my s15 here in Germany and to pass inspection I need my airbag light to work. So it’s currently got a aftermarket carbon wheel on it, and it’s got a fuse wired into the airbag wires (two yellow wires) the fuse should be there to bypass and make the light illuminate correct? I’m confused as how I can get this working in order to pass the German inspection and get her some plates! Could it be the bulb is blown? There are three lights in the area that also do not illuminate. Trying to provide as much information that I can but that’s really it.

drifter

Reaction score
Country
The yellow air bag plug should have a resistor in it to make the light light work. It makes the air bag ecu think there’s still something connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hey guys/girls. Just trying to follow up. I’ve taken this cluster out 100 times I re soldered a new LED into the motherboard. After I did this, I performed an operational check by using a power probe. The light illuminates when it receives 12v. But upon installing I get no illumination when turning the ignition. So I’m back to square one. Can someone tell me if I’m missing something on the back? There are three empty spots (I presume they are ground that are marked for screws) but I tried to ground them and even more lights fail to illuminate once in. I took them out and have all normal lights working? Can someone post a pic of what a functioning cluster should look like. Sigh

Attachments