Status
Not open for further replies.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
To all,

Please note the change to the following forum rule in regards to bumping old posts.

9. Thread Bumping -DON'T DO IT!!!!!. It is not acceptable to "bump" old posts in order to bring them to the top of the forum. This confuses users and brings up old views of people which they would prefer to be left in the past or facts that just are not relevant any more. If there is a genuine reason for bringing an old thread to the top then this is OK. Continued bumping of old posts will result in you being subject to the forum disciplinary process. This includes for sale threads. You do not need to bump a thread every day; once a fortnight (READ: 14 days) is more than sufficient. The offending post will be deleted and you will be given an infraction. (It will be at the Admins discretion whether or not to give infractions, but expect one just the same. Arguing will not help!)

Thanks

meddler.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
It seems as though some people have not read this announcement. I would like to remind everyone that the rules on this forum are for the benifit of all users. Bumping threads every couple of days is not fair to all the people on here as per the above post.

From now on, anyone who bumps a thread that has had a post in it in the last 2 weeks will be deleted. If the offender persists, warnings / infractions will be given.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
People are still not following the rules. I have given infactions to 2 people today for thread bumping.

Remember, the rules are for everyone. If you can't follow them (or at least read them) you may find yourself having a vacation from the forums.

I have given more than enough warnings.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
These rules have always applied to the for sale area and the whole forum for that matter. It seems that it is constantly being missed / ignored, so I have now added it to ther for sale rules to remove the confusion.

The new for sale rule reads as follows:

14. Thread Bumping. DON'T DO IT!!!!! Unless you want to get an infraction, bumping of posts less than 2 weeks (That is read 14 days!!!!!) is not allowed. The offending post will be deleted and you will be given an infraction. (It will be at the Admins discretion whether or not to give infractions, but expect one just the same. Arguing will not help!)

Please read the rules, it is a PITA to enforce them. Contrary to popular belief, the Admins don't like giving infractions and/or disipenary action.

Status
Not open for further replies.