What's new

Apex Oil Cooler Kit - Any Used it?

Reaction score
Country
After speaking to a few of you that have been on track, it's evident it is essential to run an oil cooler.

Messaged Bren @ APEX, and this is the oil cooler they stock. (Picture of actual kit, unlike 'generic picture on the website)

http://www.apexperformance.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=&products_id=796

Blurb:
"S14 specific 19 row, 235mm oil cooler kit complete with brackets, sandwich plate, pre cut stainless braided hoses etc.The picture shows our Aeroquip cooler kit. (The stainless kit is identical but uses steel fittings and non Aeroquip pipes)"

Has anyone used this kit? what is the quality like?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the exact same kit, except my oil cooler is blue coloured. Excellent quality and fitment especially the hoses. Just be carefull not to over tighten the hose ends or crimp the braided hoses. Does a very good job of keeping oil temps down to suitable levels on track days and as the sandwhich plate has a thermostat fitted, it wont open unecessarily in cold weather.

Reaction score
Country
Bren just emailed me with an actual picture of the kit ^

Sounds good then mate, think i will go ahead and purchase it :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
I have the exact same kit, except my oil cooler is blue coloured. Excellent quality and fitment especially the hoses. Just be carefull not to over tighten the hose ends or crimp the braided hoses. Does a very good job of keeping oil temps down to suitable levels on track days and as the sandwhich plate has a thermostat fitted, it wont open unecessarily in cold weather.
just drive harder............. :)