What's new

Blow off valve delete?

F

fozzydrift

Hi everyone

A friend off mine has recently shown me a video of a guy with a s15 removing his stock bov. He did it to get turbo flutter. It did sound really good! I did a bit of research into it and it seems that if you are running normal waste gate pressure it doesn't damage the turbo. I was thinking about doing this myself. But I would only do it for a while until I start doing performance upgrades. Have any of you guys taken out your bov? Did it do any damage? Do you think it is safe?

Sorry if this has already been talked about on here. I couldn't seem to find anything.

Cheers :)

Reaction score
Country
in the useful threads section there is a how to guide for a lot of things s15/14 related including removing the BOV. its a very good guide and has lots of pics to help you out.

In terms of safety yes a low boost it should be ok but the way I personally see it is that the Nissan engineers aren't stupid and that a BOV was put in for a reason and if it wasn't needed then they wouldn't have put it in.

Reaction score
Country
It was put in so it doesn't make a stupid noise all the time. Mine is engine swapped and never had one, frankly the noise is annoying and when I have enough spare $ I will fit a forge recirc.

Reaction score
Country
I've done it. Only problem is every gear change the turbo takes longer to spool. I only removed it to prevent after fires from running too rich