What's new

boost as hell problem after 3" catback?

Reaction score
Country
hey!

using Google translate so maybe not quite easy to understand

have a problem with my s15 after changed to 3 "catback. car do not stop to build boost.'m not sure how much it boosts i release after 1 bar. have tried running with wastegate" base pressure "hose straight to the wastegate but it behaves as before .

if I put my old catback "nismo catback 2"? "do I get 0.6 bar as Before.

tested to put pressure on the wastegate and the arm moves smoothly.

someone who has had the same problem as me? is the internal original wastegate too small and not able to regulate? or do i have too much timing so the exhaust gas takes up more space?

full mod list on the car:
spec r sr20det

FMIC
modify original bow
splitfire coils
Nismo spark plug
Tomei downpipe 4-3 ", there no wall between wg and turbine
3 "front pipe
3 "decat
3 "Catback
Stock ECU
^ ^ ^ Boost as hell

FMIC
modify original bow
splitfire coils
Nismo spark plug
Tomei downpipe 4-3 ", there no wall between wg and turbine
3 "front pipe
3 "decat
2 "Catback nismo
Stock ECU
^ ^ ^ Only 0.6 boost.

have attempted to increase the boost pressure with greddy Profec b spec 2 with the 2" nismo catback too but did not get it to boost above 0.6 also which is also pretty weird

everything else on the car is original. manifolds and airbox ... run on 98 octane also

picture of down pipe if you did not understand what I meant by a wall between wg and turbine

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I do not think so. it is original. do you mean on the clock or on the arm? arm is solid and the actuator there not much you can do on that. Maybe you should try Another one ??

Reaction score
Country
to ensure your electronic boost controller is not the issue try bypassing it and running a hose directly from your turbo side intake pipe directly to your actuator, or just set the EBC to low settings and slowly readjust them to suit your exhaust mods