What's new

diff and gear oils

K

kieran

okey dokey guys need some fast help, im gonna change these oils this weekend, and i need to know what grade i need to be using, i did a search on this site and people mention brands but not grades.

Anyone have any insight? i use the car daily on the motorway, i do the occasionaly track day and generally drive the car a little hard, nothing extreme usually, i assume the grades of oil may be different to the s14 due to the different type of diff? i really dont know i may have made that up :D

thanks in advance :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Gearbox-wise, it'll reduce the notchiness and give a more fluid feel to the change. Diff-wise, I'm not sure. However, the Heavy was recommended along with the Lightweight for the gearbox. The difference it made to the gearbox is enough for me... :nod:

DON'T make the mistake of putting Heavy in the gearbox... It'll wreck your synchro...

T

totenkopf

Quick question guys! Gonna order some of the Redline oils and just wanted to check the amount needed to do
a) diff oil
b)gearbox oil

thanks!! :thumbs:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
totenkopf said:
Quick question guys! Gonna order some of the Redline oils and just wanted to check the amount needed to do
a) diff oil
b)gearbox oil

thanks!! :thumbs:
b) 2 liters will be enough if your not looking at overfilling with modified hose on top of gearbox....... Someone else might want to clarify that :)

M

Meddy

I use Millers as its widely used in motorsport and more importantly the factory and trade counter is just down the road.