What's new

does spec S have viscous?

D

dns15

dont flame me i done my research the snz silvia table puts viscous/helical under spec S which i very much doubt of

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
dns15 said:
dont flame me i done my research the snz silvia table puts viscous/helical under spec S which i very much doubt of
JDM Spec-S has the Viscous LSD.
AUS Spec-S has helical.
Don't know about the NZ modell. But if it's turbocharged, it should have Helical LSD.

D

dns15

im under the impression of only manual spec R is helical
autos r viscous
nz only has spec R jus auto or manual
thx !

Reaction score
i think nz just imports their s15's from japan, so should have same spec's as the japanese cars... should be as yakozan mentioned :)

All S14 turbos have a Viscous LSD, while the S15 manual turbo uses a Helical LSD. The S15 Auto retains the Viscous unit.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
dns15 said:
im under the impression of only manual spec R is helical
autos r viscous
nz only has spec R jus auto or manual
thx !
I think your're right. :thumbs:

Edit: Just remembered the Autech Spec S. That one might have helical LSD.

A

Autech_NZ

thanks for the clarification there Nicely, the Autech is based off the jap spec R but with a worked NA engine.

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Tom said:
i've got a viscous diff in my spec-s and it's total POO for any sort of roundy roundy or long sideways slidey fun :cry: :cry: . but i've been thinking of either changing it for the shimmed diff in my s14a or buying one of these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Tomei-T-T...yZ122141QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

anyone got any suggestions or heard any reports on these?
Tom, I've got one sitting under my desk here... just haven't had the chance to install it :( :( weather has been dreadful!!!

T

Tom

now that would wreck my head having a toy like that sitting in a box :p . but if the weathers that bad a viscous might be a safer option. where did you pick yours up ??

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Tom said:
now that would wreck my head having a toy like that sitting in a box :p . but if the weathers that bad a viscous might be a safer option. where did you pick yours up ??
Got mine from exactly the folks in your link...

Definately starting to get p***d off with the weather this year - haven't had a chance to do much with the car and the balcony is filling up with new parts every week :( :(

T

Tom

and how did you find them to deal with, was deliverly quick etc? and did they send you the correct diff oil too ?

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Tom said:
and how did you find them to deal with, was deliverly quick etc? and did they send you the correct diff oil too ?
Tom,

it was actually my 2nd purchase from them and I ordered an ORC clutch at the same time so it slowed things down. To be honest I was a bit disappointed when I won the auction because they said they needed to confirm my model/requirements and then order it themselves which took about a week.

After that, the shipping was very quick via EMS (for me in Moscow everything is very quick)... and to be honest I'm glad that they took the time to get the right part for me.

To deal with it is interesting, there is a "rio" in shipping and a "tim" in sales and they don't seem to talk to each other that often :) proabably they sit next to each other and only use email!

They sent the oil (correct oil) as a "gift" to make up for slow shipment.. I didn't look closely at your auction as my eyes are a bit blurry right now.. but in my auction they specifically excluded oil.. but if you push them on their 'decison on your model' you'll get the oil for free :) :) :)

T

Tom

To deal with it is interesting, there is a "rio" in shipping and a "tim" in sales and they don't seem to talk to each other that often :) proabably they sit next to each other and only use email!

haha i work with people like that!!!!!!!!
it can lead to some good fun in the office, but a pain in the ass as a customer :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

that auction says diff oil is not included but when it comes to ordering it might be in bulk so i'll be pushing for everything free then :D :D.

i might ask if they can track down some other tomei bits for me too

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Tom said:

haha i work with people like that!!!!!!!!
it can lead to some good fun in the office, but a pain in the ass as a customer :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

that auction says diff oil is not included but when it comes to ordering it might be in bulk so i'll be pushing for everything free then :D :D.

i might ask if they can track down some other tomei bits for me too
Tom,

as I said, I dealt with them a few times and have been happy - first time was the turbo that is in Albert's car here... (originally supposed to be for me but was deemed to small!! If you go off ebay with them it will probably be better. For me it is really difficult to find ebay vendors willing to deal with people in Russia and they took it in their stride.

you may be able to use me as a recommendation too... might help you and more importantly me.. if I buy more stuff through them :))))

let me know...

Chris