What's new

Forum Rules (ALL FORUM USERS READ)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
All,

It seems it has come time again to remind everyone about the forum rules, including the 'for sale' rules. I have tried being nice about it, I have tried reminding people politely about them, but it seems that some people are either ignorant or just plain stupid.

Let me spell it out for you all.

1) READ THE RULES.

2) FOLLOW THE RULES.

3) GET A SPELL CHECKER.

Pretty simple huh? There is even a link at the top of the forum page!!!! Well how about that?!?

I'll let you in on another secret. This is a privately run forum. This means that the cost associated with running this board are paid by one person. Admittedly there are donations, but they are nowhere near enough to keep the forum running. If the owner decides to pack it in, this forum will not exist. It is HIS forum. They are the rules he has written and / or approved. It's not really that hard to respect the owners wishes, just like when you visit someone's house. Be respectful and do what is asked of you.

If you think I am coming across as a prick, well then I am probably talking about you. If you have a problem with what I have said, then I am more than likely talking about you... (do you see a theme here?)

If you do not read this or the rules, then more fool you as I will start being quite harsh in the future and do it without warning (as per the rules). If you want to complain, that is your right, but it won't change the outcome. In fact, the result will probably be worse. I think I am pretty fair, but I get sick of cleaning up the forum because people are too lazy to respect the rules.

If you want go off and start your own forum, don't come back here bitching about how much it cost, how much work it is running it and how nobody does what you ask. You will then know how the Admins on here feel.

ONE MORE TIME FOR THE DUMMIES....... READ AND FOLLOW THE RULES, ALL OF THEM! (and get a spell checker)

For everyone else that is doing the right thing, I thank you.

Reaction score
Country
Good day to you, Meddler!

I got a two questions here:
1. what should do people from other countries, who wants to visit this forum? But their English is not so good as guys from GB have... :)
2. and why do I receive this message when I'm trying to get to Forum Rules: "Kōsoku, you do not have permission to access this page."?

Thank you for answer :) And I hope there are no problems with my posts :)

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
If English is not your first language that is fine. I am talking to the people that are lazy that can't spell properly, not to the people where English is not their native language.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
In addition,

If you are getting the following error message:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

This is more than likely due to your posts being moderated. If you have less that a certain number of posts, your posts are required to be approved by an Admin. Once you get above a certain post count you will be free to post.

P.S. I have cleaned up this thread so that only the pertinent information is in here.