What's new

group buy cooling panel fitted

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
here are some pics of the group buy garage defend style cooling panel fitted - needed some filing along the slam panel as has been done already - but other than that fits very well!!! thanks again craig:notworthy:

i managed to put a very small spider web crack in it during the install, but nothing a small sticker wont cover:)

what do you guys reckon? i think for the money it was very worthwhile, and coupled with the new rad the temps stay low at all driving conditions:cool:

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Looking very nice there mate, really good with your set-up. The filing is a bit time consuming, but certainly makes it fit snuggly once in. One thing I found was that while filing it back I ended up having to take some of the carbon away to get it flat - had to go over the clear gelcoat/lacquer with a permenant black marker to keep it looking straight. Definately worth it for the money though and another thanks for Craig :D

You just need a carbon lidded cold air box in there now and it'll be sweet!

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
cheers mate - yep it certainly is a very tight fit. the bonnet is quite hard to close too but its not too bad. im looking at getting some more shiny stuff made up - turbo heat shield etc as carbon isnt normally my thing in the engine bay, but id think it would be impossible to make a full cooling panel from anything but carbon or fibreglass and it does look pretty cool:)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Your bay looking truly stunning Dean!! Glad your happy with the panel too.. I didnt file mine down at all when I fitted it, but suppose it would benefit for a 'tweek'!

:thumbs:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Thats a great pic of your engine bay. I am going to keep it in memory when I decide that I have to tart my engine bay up a bit.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
thanks for the nice comments guys - its no where near finished yet though:nod: