What's new

Help choosing wheels!

Reaction score
Country
Sup guys, i've read thru the entire wheel fiting guide and search the forum but still haven't seen what i'm looking for, maybe you guys can help me! Basically i want a staggered look on my car (wider in the back with lip and thinner in the front) not very aggressive look. Also, i don't want to run into trouble with the wheel hiting the arch in the back... Do you guys know any brand you have tried that fits what i'm looking for? or spec for a specific brand that will give me this? (offset, width, etc.). Lastly but not least important, i do not want to spend a big amount of money, so cheap replicas are ok for me... can you guys shed me some light here?:wack:

Reaction score
Rota grid drifts, front 8.5x 18 et 20
rear 9.5x 18 et 20

Fit my arches a treat and ive only rolled my rear arches and its lowered around 50mm

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
30 offsets fit nicely front and rear on an 8.5/9.5 setup :)

Reaction score
Country
i think that will give me a basic idea of what to look for, another thing, do you know a wheel that will give me a bit of a lip on the rear wheels? I know i've seen someone in the forum that has a rota p45r2 staggered look where it got lip on the rears.... can't remember who

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Would agree with this.

I have 8j et30's (with 5mm spacer) they fit the front perfectly - although you can only fit a sheet of paper between the tire and spring seat. 9.5j et30 on the rear may be pushing it. Camber also comes into play, if your car is low and running a lot of camber, you can get away with lower offsets.

My car had 9j et17's all round when imported, but with raising (was far to low) and adjusting the camber (wet, the tires left a 100mm footprint on my garage) the wheels stuck out a mile from the arch, so much so I got pulled on the M6 and given 7days to change my wheels.

I would suggest you go for an 8j et30/35 for the front, and 9/9.5j et35/40 at the rear. Yes its a high offset, but you can always add spacers to push out, offset cant be removed from a wheel.....

Reaction score
Country
I stil haven't decide what wheels to buy yet... basically the offset thing is driving me nuts.. let's see, so far i have narrowed my decision to these 3 options:
1) Rota P45F 8j et30 (48 available too) in the front and p45r2 9.5j et30 in the back (can't find a bigger offset for the rears so i don't know if this will fit...)
2) Enkei RP03 8.5j (i can get any offset on this one, so let me know which one will work best)
3) 5zigen FN01R-C 8.5j (same as above, let me know)

What do you guys think? are these good options? i'm currently running nismo s-tunes and the car has a bit of camber in the back. Can you mates give me a little help here! =D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Here is my opinion:

1) Front will be fine with et30 (same as mine), rears will depend on the about of camber you are running. My 8j et35 rears are very close to sticking past the arch with around 1-1.5 degree camber.
2) Depends on your suspension, if your running coilovers and they are low, the spring seat will contact the tire if to low an offset (like mine did prior to the 5mm spacer), but the wheel may stick out if too high, I'd go for an et30 at the front (may need a small spacer depending on your suspension) and et35-38 for the rears, again if not out far enough, a small spacer will work - its better than going to high!
3) as item 2)

S

S15 SILVIA

I'm running s-tunes, with no clearance issues on the struts, need to roll the rear arches, as I very rarely get a tiny bit of rubbing on the lip, but it is so minor, and rare, so I've not been in any rush to get it done.
I'm running skyline GTR wheels. 9x18 et 30 all round, gives a nice stance. Tyres are 225/40 front and 235/40 rear
If I was to buy another set, I would go for 8-8.5 front et 30, and 9-9.5 rear et 30. Seems to be the best measurements I've seen.
Like I say, ideally get rear arches rolled. Front seems ok.

sx-si

Reaction score
i got a set of advan avs model 7's for sale if your interested
9 x 18 et38

please dont buy replica wheels :(

Reaction score
Country
i got a set of advan avs model 7's for sale if your interested
9 x 18 et38

please dont buy replica wheels :(
hahahaha! yeah, the thing is that i need some good wheels that won't cost me more than USD 1,000.00 =P, and as of now, the ones that got my attention the most were the rota. What other options should i consider?, btw, i was using the tire offset calculator, it seems that 18 x 9.5 et30 will indeed rub even on the camber i'm running (which i don't know exactly). Currently i'm running BBS 17 x 8 et 10, and the rear wheels keeps rubbing all the time =P, the rota will have only 1mm less on the outside...

Reaction score
Country
I'm running s-tunes, with no clearance issues on the struts, need to roll the rear arches, as I very rarely get a tiny bit of rubbing on the lip, but it is so minor, and rare, so I've not been in any rush to get it done.
I'm running skyline GTR wheels. 9x18 et 30 all round, gives a nice stance. Tyres are 225/40 front and 235/40 rear
If I was to buy another set, I would go for 8-8.5 front et 30, and 9-9.5 rear et 30. Seems to be the best measurements I've seen.
Like I say, ideally get rear arches rolled. Front seems ok.

hmmmm interesting! don't you think that 9.5 will be pushing it a litte? from your pictures i can tell that the 9 et30 fits "perfecto", well that's what i can tell, do you have any picture from the back to see the camber, if any, you got?

Reaction score
Yep GTR are one of the best fitments on the S15, here's mine, had it on my Pewter Spec R as well.

Reaction score
Country
Ok, after some "research" i've decided to go with the Work Emotion CR-Kai, imo this is one of the best rims for the S15, i will go for 18 x 8.5 et38 in the front and 18 x 9.5 et38 in the back... now find a place with good pricing on these, lol

Reaction score
Country