What's new

Hey all :)

Reaction score
Hi folks, Just thought I would say hi to you all, I've been in love with the S15 for a long long time and hopefully will chop my IS200 in and pick one up in the near future :p

Reaction score
Greetings. Just take it easy when you get the s15 as they can be a handful, but very rewarding to drive :)

Reaction score
Haha so I see, pics of my current IS can be found at - http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/Dan_Harris/ the list of mods at current are - JDM imported headlights with HID's/Japbox exhaust/Lexus LE wheels in anthracite/TTE front bumper/Laser geometry allignment by Wheels-In-Motion.

I would love a S15, what's insurance/tax going to be like for me at 22? The IS is really cheap to insure which was one of my draw points.

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Depends how cheap you think cheap is.

Im 23, 3 years NCB, no convictions or accidents.

Mods: 18" wheels, full set of alignment arms, subframe locking collars, fully adjustable coilovers, nismo diff, tublar manifold and turbo elbow.

Best Ive found so far is £750 fully comp for 12 months with Adrian Flux, which I dont think is too bad for the car :D

Going to keep hunting until beginning of October so Ill let you know if I find anything cheaper.

Reaction score
that's not too shabby at all Darren,

I'm 22 with 0 no claims, as stated i have a IS200 sport with all mods declared (wheels/bodykit/exhaust) and paying £780 full comp with insurance to drive any car with Bell insurance. Do you know what group the S15 falls into? I have previously done quotes on a S14 which came out pretty good was wandering how similar that would be?

M

Matt_S

TBH I think the S15 worked out cheaper than the S14, especially when you consider its more powerful than the S14 I had previous (all be it a road legal race/drift car) :)

M

Matt_S

Sky wanted £1k (after initially £1500! :eek: ), and A Plan £700 with instalments and protected NCB, all mods declared :). Flux werent far behind, (literally a few £ ) but didnt offer me the Protected NCB.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Mine was £630 with Sky. All mods, protected NCB and Agreed Value if I'd taken it (had it previous years). No other insurer did AVs on S15s.

Reaction score
awesome really appreciate the advice guys, I'm so tempted to chop the Lex in for a S15, found a couple of stunning examples for the 80-10k mark, there's one in particular with a carbon lower lip that I can't seem to find anywhere think it's one of pro-drift's cars.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yeh its the pro drift one...

mines up for sale if ur intrested....just got 6months tax and 12months mot for it aswell....

Reaction score
Country
Mines £500 fully comp + NCB with everything decalred woth A-Plan ;)

Matt - assume its your lack of driving skills that makes yours more expensive considering your like grandad years old ?