What's new

Hey from Germany

Reaction score
Hey guys and greetings from Germany,
owner of a '99 S15 Spec R as of November this year and loving it so far.

Mainly looking for tips and tricks on what to look out for to keep my baby in the best condition possible and currently some advice on wheels/ tyre choice. Almost a boomer (late 20s), so some car experience, but not with imports. Also faint hope that I'll find some other german Silvia- owners here!?

The logo is sideways. Yikes, right? And the fitment? Yea, about that.

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Welcome! Those look great :) Yes I see what you mean about the fitment hehe, but I'll be looking forward to see what you do in the future ;)

I believe there are a few guys on here from Germany but they've been a bit quiet recently, hopefully they will pop around and introduce themselves :D

With the style of wide body I would assume you'll need quite low offset (ET15?) in the rear with maybe a 9-9.5j wheel? Have you got any style in mind? Do you know how much wider your car is from stock?

The ideal wheels are light weight Forged wheels, primarially Volk Rays, such as SE37, TE37, CE28 etc. They are impressively light weight but a little bit hard to find in certain sizes.

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the warm words.

What limits me a lot is what is legal here, some restrictions on wheels.
Current wheels are 16''s with 40 ET, 6.5 width, 205mm slim tyres. Makes them look extra small. Back in Japan it had 18''s at 8 width with 25mm spacers each side, sadly wheels were not legal here so I had to part with them for those to have something on there.

Im thinking about 30mm spacers (less for the front axle) and 17''s with 8 width and 245mm thereabouts wide tyres. For wheel manufacturer, that'll mostly depend on availability of rims that conform to german standards, gonna probably be a compromise on looks. Japan Racing JR-6 is an example for the style I have in mind.

To give you a general idea, I currently have a maximum of ~90mm space in the rear and ~65mm in the front to fill for the fitment to be nice-looking but still well drivable.
I also have adjustable coilovers but I don't think I want 18''s just for the looks of it.