What's new

I now come in a 2 wheel version

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Not been on here for a while for various reasons.

One of which is that I now have my full bike license :D

So bye bye little CBR125 and hello something else...

Wondered if there are any bikers on here who have any suggestions what to get next?

Ultimately I want a nice sports bike (CBR, YZFR, GSXR, ZXR) but for now I'm thinking of something a little less crazy and cheaper to insure.

Something in the 2k-3k price range, around 600cc and probably a naked sports to start, bit like the Honda Hornet:

Open to suggestions....

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Congrats mate :)
One of the guys at my work had a hornet 600 as his first 'proper' bike for 2 years and never had a single problem with it, they are apparently VERY reliable mate.... Another guy at work was a motorcycle mechanic before and has been riding since the 70's and he has one as a daily.
The new rider fitted a different sprocket to get more acceleration and it went like stink at the expense of top end, now he rides a hayabusa after he traded in the hornet... I can ask them more about it if you want but it seems like a great choice ;)

A couple of years back I bought a mint vfr400 nc30 with the intention of doing the test direct access and going for it but in the end decided against having yet another hobby.... Kind of sad I let it go but with a little one of the way now I probably would of lost my bottle anyway lol

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
There are plenty of good bikes out there. Before you make a decision, ride a few to see how they fit you. I used to ride a ZX6R but before I bought it I rode all of the bikes in that class. I really wanted a R6, but I couldn't ride it due to it being unconfortable. The R6 was an awesome bike on the track (I rode a friends one in anger) but there was no way I could live with it on the road. The ZX6R was the best bike for me. It did pretty well on the track too :)

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys.

I do plan to ride a few different bikes to see/feel the difference before I make up my mind.

Never seen a thundercat before, looks nice.

You should have done it Dean, I'm not planning on this being my main hobby unless the car goes, I find the bike a very different experience to the car.