What's new

Insurance on an S15?

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Not fair, 600 quid on a spec R on a provisional license :eek: I'm 23, full license, no points 3 years NCB & mine is almost €1800 on a spec S :cry:

EDIT: Bloke, obviously, and that was the best quote I could get. Most places refused to quote me and anything else I got was in the €3k region. I've clean history (never any points or claims) but did have to go to the MIBI when my Almera was written off by an uninsured driver (which was a hopeless exercise as they screwed me over but its not meant to effect your premium)

Last edited:
G

Ger Keane

Not fair, 600 quid on a spec R on a provisional license :eek: I'm 23, full license, no points 3 years NCB & mine is almost €1800 on a spec S :cry:

EDIT: Bloke, obviously, and that was the best quote I could get. Most places refused to quote me and anything else I got was in the €3k region. I've clean history (never any points or claims) but did have to go to the MIBI when my Almera was written off by an uninsured driver (which was a hopeless exercise as they screwed me over but its not meant to effect your premium)
go to www.quinn-direct.com lad. i was with them on a spec s, 2 years ncb and full licence €850. everywhere else wanted to rape me, but i wouldn't bend over! :nod:

T

TonyS15

I pay £700 23yo, 6 years NCB, Agreed value, engine mods on my 2000 Spec-R. Unlimited miles, kept on drive but with tracker.

F

freebird

Well I'm paying NZ$476 which is 176GBP and its not even compulsory out here.
Hey Tony where in Preston are you, I lived their (Broadgate then Lostock Hall) for 12 years before moving out to NZ.

F

freebird

Yep and S15's are cheap I bought mine, a mint 1999 SpecR, for 5000 GBP !!!

Hey Miss S15 where are you from, I from Ballywalter Co Down.

S

s15andy.s

im payin 2500 with 2years ncb..2year full licence,2points...im 22!!and thats with quinn direct..on a spec s n/a.. pure robbery! i had an accident b4 tho but twasnt my fault..an didnt loose my ncb!ended up writing off my type R civic!!

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Ger, I am with Quinn & it was an internet quote, the one they sent me out in the post was even more! It was a nightmare to get them to match the internet quote too. They really are a shower of w*****s. All mods declared but I don't live in Dublin & the car is kept on a private driveway....

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
im 24, 4 years ncb, some mods 2000 specR 800 fully comp. adrian flux.

oops, forgot - 1 sp60, 3 pts.

Last edited:
T

TonyS15

Well I'm paying NZ$476 which is 176GBP and its not even compulsory out here.
Hey Tony where in Preston are you, I lived their (Broadgate then Lostock Hall) for 12 years before moving out to NZ.

Ah lostock area, im north preston around longridge area.
Although seem to spend my time now over blackpool way alot.
Hows NZ compare to back home apart from it being uber cheap on insurance and to buy nice cars?

F

freebird

Hey Tony

I have a few friends out longridge way, nice spot. NZ is great the racing is cheap and I'm leading my series I have also just bough a SWB Pajero 1994 3.0 V6 with blown head gaskets for 500gbp I have now done the heads a given it a real good service and it only stands me 1000gbp, I'm going off-roading because you can still do that over here big style the country side is out standing.

I can't recommend NZ enough but don't tell anyone or they'll all be come out and the best thing about the place is, it's empty.

Regards

Davey

K

KDAK

its madness, i just checked with axa and they gave me a qoute of €1500 fully comp, on a 99 spec r im 19 my own policy 1 year ncb and on my prov. was told it would be 800 when i pass, but i suppose its always nice to know the person who works there lol

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm 30 got a 2000 SpecR all Mods Declared and with 3 points it is £480 Fully Comp with Adrian Flux