What's new

Open Event: Japfest Final rendezvous and Convoy thread

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Ah that sucks bud, main reason I was put off a rx7 is reliability.

So is he still coming along or is his ticket and pass for sale? I managed to sell Simon Kings tickets and someone had his stand pass? Let us know!

Wanted to do some more cleaning this morning but bleedin weather is awful!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
anyone else going anticlockwise on the M25 and fancy meeting at one of the services?

Reaction score
Country
Yeah me bro is jumping in my car Mike. Think he wil just sulk through the whole trip ha ha.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
What's everyone doing with cleaning? not sure its much point me cleaning it, then travel 300+ miles to get it flithly again... we got any water supply at Japfest?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Will be headi round the 25 from he m1 prob leaving about 5 am I reckon. I am just gonna clean mine Friday night and hope she don't get too dirty lol

Reaction score
Country
My plan is clean the car Friday, travel down to my hotel and clean it when I get there. Then drive to Japfest in the morning and clean it again when I get there :wack: Super clean :D

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Ha ha! That's some cleaning Jordan!! Tbh if your car is polished then a bucket and sponge is all you will need! I will bring some tyre shine for everyone to use. And they should have water there, if not bring a couple Of big two litre bottles of water!

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I have been striping it today and cleaning the underneath of the car along with all the suspension arms and brakes. Also gave the engine bay a detail too so it super shinny :) Tomorrow I will be detailing the body so it has a super deep shine. Then it will be like you say just washing it with a sponge and giving it a quick once over with some quick detailer to make it look it's best :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I'll let all the rain between today and Saturday clean my car :D

Ok, so myself and my two mates with FD's will be travelling down Friday night.... stopping at hotel nearby (same as one S15AK and JameS15 are also staying at). Get some beers in and (hopefully) some kip. Normally I'd be too excited to sleep but with x3 track session booked it's a good idea to get decent rest lol :wack:

We'll meet everyone at the rendezvous no later than 7.00am :thumbs:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Work has gone mad at the moment so haven't got anytime to really give it a good clean like I normally do. Had to beg for Friday afternoon off, but doubt I'll have enough time, just hope the weather holds off tomorrow so I can at least make a start on the engine bay and inside.. I'll probably do what JOR04N is doing and end up cleaning it 3 times :)

Reaction score
Country
What's everyone doing with cleaning? not sure its much point me cleaning it, then travel 300+ miles to get it flithly again... we got any water supply at Japfest?
As I put it earlier, I'm doing it properly ;) I'm taking loads of water with me and my full wash kit! :D

Tbh if your car is polished then a bucket and sponge is all you will need!
Noooo, ANYTHING but a sponge!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I've always used sponges??!! as long as you bin them before they get any crap on them or if you drop them then I don't think it matters... Anyway, I'm gonna try and make the meeting point but if it looks like I'll get there too late then I'll head straight on to Combe :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Yup :) special delivery from mike a few days ago...

Reaction score
Country
I should be there around 7-7.30 latest in the gs. Can't believe I can't take my s15 :cry:

Reaction score
Country
I've always used sponges??!! as long as you bin them before they get any crap on them or if you drop them then I don't think it matters... Anyway, I'm gonna try and make the meeting point but if it looks like I'll get there too late then I'll head straight on to Combe :)
A sponge is quite bad for your paint. They create a lot of swirl marks because they merely trap the dirt and drag it along your paint instead of collecting it like a deep wash mitt does :)

I'm down in Fleet now after a 4 hour drive. See you guys at the meetingn point (if i don't get lost).

I will put my mobile number here in case im running late and you want to know where the hell I am :D

Tom: 07912 535 171